Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Plugin (understanding the scope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Plugin (understanding the scope)

Hi Dirk

Thanks for another good plugin.

I was hoping you could explain a few bits - related to my screenshot.

1. Firstly KODI and QNAP are DLNA servers. When I click Activate should something happen?

2. The third one down is my Samsung 3D TV (a bit old but I love it - I have two (the other is not added on here yet))
    What does this do?

3. The fourt Activate - is this activated or not - I am assuming it is as there are child devices; am I right? Is this the DLNA from the TV?

4. I guess it doesn't feed back the TV Channel you are watching? (Not a moan, just trying to understand its limits).

5. The remote; I have seen some HS Screens which have for example Sky News or Nickelodeon or for me it would be Dave and BBC1 and ITV
    - How is this done, is it an event with the buttons: 001 for BBC1

6. In CONFIG I have MultiScreen (The Samsung has: Player/Remote/MultiScreen) - it is enabled. But I cant seem to find it on the screen.

7. I have my loved playlist like the SONOS one - great; its already working well with QNAP and KODI DLNA - I guess like SONOS this was designed for the HSTouch mediaAPI which doesn't work. Is that still the case? I havent used the HSTouch API till now and not really intending too - I prefer your playlist... but if it does work I will try it I guess?

8. One of the things I want more than anything is a remote for my QNAP - there is an app on Apple iStore - called QNAP QRemote - can this plugin generate those same buttons? I would do near anything for that functionality.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
    Hi Dirk

Thanks for another good plugin.

I was hoping you could explain a few bits - related to my screenshot.

1. Firstly KODI and QNAP are DLNA servers. When I click Activate should something happen?

2. The third one down is my Samsung 3D TV (a bit old but I love it - I have two (the other is not added on here yet))
    What does this do?

3. The fourt Activate - is this activated or not - I am assuming it is as there are child devices; am I right? Is this the DLNA from the TV?

4. I guess it doesn't feed back the TV Channel you are watching? (Not a moan, just trying to understand its limits).

5. The remote; I have seen some HS Screens which have for example Sky News or Nickelodeon or for me it would be Dave and BBC1 and ITV
    - How is this done, is it an event with the buttons: 001 for BBC1

6. In CONFIG I have MultiScreen (The Samsung has: Player/Remote/MultiScreen) - it is enabled. But I cant seem to find it on the screen.

7. I have my loved playlist like the SONOS one - great; its already working well with QNAP and KODI DLNA - I guess like SONOS this was designed for the HSTouch mediaAPI which doesn't work. Is that still the case? I havent used the HSTouch API till now and not really intending too - I prefer your playlist... but if it does work I will try it I guess?

8. One of the things I want more than anything is a remote for my QNAP - there is an app on Apple iStore - called QNAP QRemote - can this plugin generate those same buttons? I would do near anything for that functionality.
    Hi Chris , those are a lot of questions but I'll try to answer them as much as I can.

1. nothing should happen when you active a server. They will start showing up in PLAYER (renderer) devices config screens as a source to use to grab content from. Same for events .....
    2. The Samsung TV is a player so you can grab content from a server and send it to the TV, including pictures, movies, music.
    3. Yes the third is activated and yes it has child devices. The Servers don't have child devices.
    4. No Samsung does not "feedback" which channels it is on. In fact it treats network as a different source (like HDM1, 2, ..) and therefore what you will see being updated in the PI is ONLY characteristics of the network input. Only exception is volume.
    5. No sure which screens, but Samsung via its UPNP interface doesn't support selecting content
    6. Ignore the multiscreen, it is not implemented
    7. Not sure I understand the question but no the mediaAPI is not implemented at all in this PI.
    8. You QNAP is a server, right? What does that remote do? An I'm quite sure this PI won't be able to remotely control it, sorry.

Hope this helps.

Dirk

Comment

Thank you that confirmed a lot to me and answered a few questions.

I will experiment and have a play with the plugin.
      Thank you for another free plugin.

Comment

Working...
      X