Napco Gemini 3200 over IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napco Gemini 3200 over IP

I have a Napco Gemini 3200 panel working fine with HS2 over RS232. I am slowly phasing all RS232 out of my home and converting everything to TCP/UDP/IP. One of the final items is the Napco Security system.

Does anyone have a copy of the RS232 protocol that I can have or buy? Has anybody done this?

TIA

Barry Gordon

The direct serial (RS232 via port or USB) protocol and the TCP/IP protocol to the panel are different. This plugin implements the same serial protocol that the HS2 plugin did. Working with another client, himself a Napco dealer, we tried to request the TCP/IP development information from Napco but they have so far been unwilling to share that.

If you simply want the RS232 protocol it can be obtained by contacting Napco and requesting access to their technical library. The document you are looking for is this (or newer):

GEMINI Home / Building Automation
    Development Specification
    WI876H 03/13
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Napco Technical docs

Thanks for the reply. Is there any chance you could send me a copy of the document you have. I have been unable to get access to their technical library. Thanks

Comment

Registered.

Napco Registered me so I was able to pull down the document.Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Gordon View Post
          Napco Registered me so I was able to pull down the document.Thanks

Sounds good. If you learn anything about the TCP/IP protocol implementation I'd be interested. It would be a good improvement to this plugin if I can get the dev details.

Nathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
          Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
          http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Gemini TCP

I am planning on running the RS232 through a RS232 to IP converter which I happen to have. I am in the process of converting everything I can in my home to TCP/UDP/IP. The gGemini is actually the last item in the HA world I need to convert. I handle all IR through a GC 100 so IR is no longer an issue., just the oddball RS232.

Comment

Working...
            X