Zee will not initialize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee will not initialize

I have had a Zee S2 for a few months and just switched to a z-net with HS3 for windows.

After a few tries I got my devices from the Zee to HS3 but something went wrong and now I can't even activate zwave on the S2. I get a yellow exclamation mark and all I can do is delete the controller and try over, to no avail.

I tried a factory reset. I can't believe that this thing died at this very moment. What else can I do other than return it for warranty. I want to give it to a neighbor to introduce him to z-wave.

Your Z-Wave devices typically remain in the firmware of the USB stick or GPIO Z-Wave device. That and your HS device backs up the configuration.

You should be able to log on to the Zee S2 and transfer your Z-Wave (from the stick or whatever) to the Z-Net device.

A factory reset of the Zee S2 should not wipe out your Z-Wave network unless you specifically told the S2 to reset the Z-Wave controller (USB stick or GPIO card). It should still be there. Note you have to leave the USB stick in place on the Zee-S2 to to this.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm done with the transferring part and thought I had a Zee back to original. But therein lies the problem. The Zee S2 shows an exclamation and I can't get it to go to a green check mark.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        I'm done with the transferring part and thought I had a Zee back to original. But therein lies the problem. The Zee S2 shows an exclamation and I can't get it to go to a green check mark.
        What does the zwave plugin setup look like?
        What does the log say when you try to connect?

Comment

I booted the Zee, got the exclamation and clicked on the exclamation.

Here is the log:
          Apr-10 17:51:48Z-WaveHA Dave: Getting node information from controller...Apr-10 17:51:47Z-Wave ErrorHA Dave: The HA Dave interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).Apr-10 17:51:34Z-WaveHA Dave: Getting node information from controller...Apr-10 17:51:33Z-Wave ErrorHA Dave: The HA Dave interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).Apr-10 17:51:10Z-WaveHA Dave: Getting node information from controller...Apr-10 17:51:09Z-Wave ErrorHA Dave: The HA Dave interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).Apr-10 17:50:56Z-WaveHA Dave: Getting node information from controller...Apr-10 17:50:55Z-Wave ErrorHA Dave: The HA Dave interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveHA Dave: Getting node information from controller...Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveHA Dave: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveHA Dave: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveHA Dave: ----------------------------------------------------------------------Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveInitializing Z-Wave interface HA Dave (HomeSeer Z-Troller) on /dev/ttyS0Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveHA Dave: ----------------------------------------------------------------------Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveHA Dave: ============================================================ ==========Apr-10 17:49:48Z-Wave ErrorHA Dave: The HA Dave interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).Apr-10 17:49:42InfoSystem connected to MyHS Service successfully.Apr-10 17:49:42InfoSystem connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...Apr-10 17:49:36Z-Wave************************************************************ *******************Apr-10 17:49:36Z-WaveSTARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces were successfully initialized.

Comment

<snip>
            Apr-10 17:50:30Z-WaveInitializing Z-Wave interface HA Dave (HomeSeer Z-Troller) on /dev/ttyS0
            For the Zee, the serial device should be /dev/ttyAMA0, not /dev/ttyS0.
            This is why I asked about the zwave plugin setup...

Comment

ttyS0 is the only option. And as best as I can remember it's all that was ever shown even when it worked properly. I don't ever remember seeing AMA0.

Comment

ttyS0 is the only option. And as best as I can remember it's all that was ever shown even when it worked properly. I don't ever remember seeing AMA0.
                I have a znet, not a zee so guessing here -
                See this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...26&postcount=3
                Note 4th line from bottom, says connecting to /dev/ttyAMA0, but the "Interface Model" appears to be "internal". On your zwave plugin setup page, is "internal" an available selection on the Interface Model pulldown? (You currently have HomeSeer Z-troller selected).

Comment

I have a Zee S2 running in my shop and the screen shot below is what I have for the internal Z-Wave interface.

Bob
                  Attached Files

Comment

DOH!

I just don't remember selecting internal when I first got the unit. Sigh... it's not easy getting old. er.

I am up and running, thanks to all!
                    Last edited by racerfern; April 10, 2017, 06:52 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Good news racerfern!

Using Homeseer here keeps me going in my old age these days.
                      Attached Files
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X