www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Developer Support > Scripts & Plug-Ins:Development and Libraries > Script & Plug-In Library Discussion

Script & Plug-In Library Discussion This forum is for discussing scripts that are posted in the Script Library. To keep the Script Libray as neat as possible, replies are not permitted in that forum. Please post questions, comments, scripts in process, etc. to this forum.

Old February 10th, 2017, 07:45 PM
OverSeer

I'm out of town right now, but will try and see what is the problem as soon as I get home. Sorry about that.

Steve
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:41 AM
OverSeer

I think I see what happened. Looks like the National Weather Service put in some stuff to try and stop scripting (like Snevl Weather Warnings) from hitting their site. Not sure why, as I can't find any notices or posts about it.

Anyway, I just need to make the script call look like a Chrome browser or something, which I think I can do. Stay tuned.

Steve
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Seer Master

FWIW, even the guys at 1Weather were dealing with this. Apparently NWS changed the feed mechanism. I've been using SWW successfully for years. Waiting to hear what changes need to be made.
Old February 14th, 2017, 07:08 PM
OverSeer

Ok, I think I have it fixed.

Turns out that over the past almost 3 years since my past update I made a few other changes. I guess I thought I would eventually post the update, but never did. Anyway, there are a few other small items fixed in what I have.

The only two files that changed are the main script (SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb) and the configuration web page (SnevlWeatherWarningsConfig.aspx). If it is OK with those of you still interested, I'd like to just post a ZIP file of these two files (rather than a full-blown installer, which would require me to solicit the help from tenhold again). I'll also post a list of what changed.

Steve
Old February 14th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Seer Master

Sounds good to me.
Thank you.

Tim

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

“No, I’m from Iowa. I only work in outer space.” – Captain Kirk
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:20 PM
OverSeer

A small patch ZIP file to bring the install of Snevl Weather Warnings up to v2.15 has been added to the first file of the library thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...030#post960030). For those who are already running v2.14, simply use the two files in the zip file to replace the two of the same name in the scripts and html subdirectories.

The changes in this version:
  • Applied a fix for a recent change by the National Weather Service that caused Snevl Weather Warnings to fail.
  • Now doesn't turn off warning devices unless they are already ON. (Mainly of interest if you trigger events on the devices)
  • Changed the format of $STARTTIME and $ENDTIME substitutions so that a leading zero wouldn't mess up the announcement of the times.
  • Fixed a broken link for the FIPS data in the configuration page.

As usual, post any questions or issues in this thread.

Steve
Old April 18th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Seer

Thanks for the Feb update. Things were working smoothly up until last week. I'm receiving this error now.

PHP Code:
4/18/2017 12:24:47 PM     Error     SnevlWeatherWarnings failed to retrieve XML from NWS 3 consecutive times
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:14 AM
Seer

Well, it seems I'm having ssl certificate issues on my homeseer machine for https://alerts.weather.gov. If I put that address into a browser(chrome) I get this page is not private Err:::NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. However if I put that address into my desktop PC chrome browser it is OK? Very strange. Been working for years and now it just stopped?!!?! Please help!