Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing ramp rate of WD100+ on single press vs dimming hold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing ramp rate of WD100+ on single press vs dimming hold?

I've been looking through documentation and the Z-Wave settings on the switch itself. I'd like to be able to have the step set to 99 on just an on/off tap.

But then slow down the dimming/ramping function when you hold to 1.

I think I'm making sense.

Bonus piggyback question I thought of while writing this. Feel free to ignore since I've done no testing yet. But I have my 3-Gang setup and I didn't want to link the 3 switches together, so they're still controlled individually. However, I created an event to double tap and turn all 3 dimmers on when that happens.

So the question is, is there a way to create an event to tap once then hold so I can dim all simultaneously without linking the dimmers?

Hi julez,

I have a few options you can try in order to sync your lights.

If you want to trigger all the lights together every time you run the dimmer up or down, you can set your event trigger to:
    IF {This device had its value set to} {xxx switch central scene} {top paddle released}
    OR IF {This device had its value set to} {xxx switch central scene} {bottom paddle released}

If you only want to do this sometimes, you could use a double or triple tap to "push" the setting to other lights. An example would be you fiddle with the dimmer up and down then double tap the top paddle to set the other lights to match. Your trigger would be:
    IF {This device had its value set to} {xxx switch central scene} {top paddle tapped twice}

Now for your action... someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to set one device using another device in the native event engine. However, this can be accomplished through scripting -or- by using Spud's easy trigger. Here is a link to the EasyTrigger user manual... what you need is highlighted in the first post.
    THEN {EasyTrigger: Set Device to another Device}
    Detailed instructions are in post #6.

I automate my lights using scripting and don't use EasyTrigger because I don't have much room for plugins on my Zee S2. However I do use some of Spud's other plugins and I'm very happy with his skill level and support.

Hope this helps... do you need help with ramp rates or did you get that figured out?

Cheers,
    Jon

Comment

This thread should help with the ramp rates

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185934

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
        Hi julez,

I have a few options you can try in order to sync your lights.

If you want to trigger all the lights together every time you run the dimmer up or down, you can set your event trigger to:
        IF {This device had its value set to} {xxx switch central scene} {top paddle released}
        OR IF {This device had its value set to} {xxx switch central scene} {bottom paddle released}

If you only want to do this sometimes, you could use a double or triple tap to "push" the setting to other lights. An example would be you fiddle with the dimmer up and down then double tap the top paddle to set the other lights to match. Your trigger would be:
        IF {This device had its value set to} {xxx switch central scene} {top paddle tapped twice}

Now for your action... someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to set one device using another device in the native event engine. However, this can be accomplished through scripting -or- by using Spud's easy trigger. Here is a link to the EasyTrigger user manual... what you need is highlighted in the first post.
        THEN {EasyTrigger: Set Device to another Device}
        Detailed instructions are in post #6.

I automate my lights using scripting and don't use EasyTrigger because I don't have much room for plugins on my Zee S2. However I do use some of Spud's other plugins and I'm very happy with his skill level and support.

Hope this helps... do you need help with ramp rates or did you get that figured out?

Cheers,
        Jon
        Thanks! This was very helpful.

Struggling with the fade/ramp a little though. Someone else in that other thread was seeing the same issue with the fade off as well, so hopefully there's a solution to that.

Comment

Working...
        X