Remove Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Plugin

I am getting started with writing a plugin which creates a virtual device and corresponding websites to configure the virtual device. In my trial and errors I ended up having some entries in the plugin menu that I can't get rid off anymore. They stay there even after I remove the device. How can I remove them?

In the "plugin menu"? Where exactly are we talking about?
    How about a screenshot?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

It id on the web interface. Pmease see the attachment. They were created with RegisterLink from the SDK.
      Attached Files

Comment

They should disappear when you close/exit the plugin executable (and refresh the Interfaces page)
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Unfortunately they don't disappear. I have a feeling that the were not properly associated with the device and so when I remove the device they are not being removed. Just a guess but I am trying to get rid of them now.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            Unfortunately they don't disappear. I have a feeling that the were not properly associated with the device and so when I remove the device they are not being removed. Just a guess but I am trying to get rid of them now.
            Wait... what? The devices can't store those links. How did you register the links?

Comment

I use RegisterLinkEx and RegisterPage. This is done when my plugin is initializing. My plugin is associated with a virtual device (it creates that virtual device) and when removing the virtual device then I believe HomeSeer also removes the plugin which in return should remove the website. I am not 100% sure about that mechanism, though.

In any case, right now when I start the plugin I check if the virtual device exists, if it exists the plugin removes the virtual device (I am in testing/development stage so I want to start from a 'clean pate'), and then creates the configuration website. Now it removes the links in the menu but the old ones are still there.

I think what happened is that in the past my plugin crashed, then I changed the name and next time I started it the menu was not removed because it appears that those menus belong to a different plugin (because I renamed it. It's a bit more complicated than that but that brings it to the point).

Since this is just a development environment I can live with those extra menu entries. I just figured it would be good to understand how to fix this issue but it's not critical.

Comment

[...]and when removing the virtual device then I believe HomeSeer also removes the plugin which in return should remove the website. I am not 100% sure about that mechanism, though.
                If you remove a virtual device, then you are just removing a virtual device. A plugin does not need a device at all to register web links, and as far as I know you can't tie a device to a link.

I think what happened is that in the past my plugin crashed, then I changed the name and next time I started it the menu was not removed because it appears that those menus belong to a different plugin (because I renamed it. It's a bit more complicated than that but that brings it to the point).
                I've made my plugins crash hundreds of times, but the menu items always disappear.

As far as I know, when you kill the plugin process, the web links should disappear.

Comment

I had to reboot my system and after that the menu entries were gone. Somehow the Plugins must have kept on running despite me stopping the debugger and I always start them only with the debugger. Maybe HomeSeer automatically restarted the process after a crash. Anyways they are gone now.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X