Polarity of power plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polarity of power plug

I have lost my power supply for my tabletop and I'm searching for a new one.
    Does anyone know the polarity of the powerplug? Is plus on the tip or the ring in the plug/connector?

Sent fra min F8331 via Tapatalk

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    Does anyone know the polarity of the powerplug? Is plus on the tip or the ring in the plug/connector?

I was hoping there where some individuals that could check their power supply for the polarity of the powerplug.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post

Wide = Neutral

The wide prong on the plug links the threaded base of light bulbs to the neutral terminal (the wider slot) in the receptacle.

This way the wide, neutral, side of the plug can never go into the Hot side of the polarized receptacle and it cannot go into a non-polarized receptacle at all.

Also, on a correctly made AC cord with a polarized plug the silver colored wire is Neutral and the copper covered wire is Hot. If the wire colors are the same then the ribbed, grooved, striped side or printed side is neutral, smooth or non-printed side is hot.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X