ZMC v4 - Whole house audio for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues

LOL.. I just figured that out by going through your code... I changed it to a radio station... however, I am wondering if it is able to write to the temp..

I am running windows 8.1.

Its still not working. I reset the XAP800 to defaults and then loaded your psr... only edit I made was the naming to match the ini file.

I am running winamp 5.666

Okay so it is now playing music... its not showing the winamp gui... but it is playing...

I do not hear the audio.

If I go into G-Ware and connect audio in (input 12) to Livingroom (output 2) I hear the audio. so it is playing...
    so the unit must not be accepting commands from the script.
    Okay so I connected to the device via teraterm and sent [#5-1 MTRX P E 14 O 1 ] the command the script is sending.. and its returning an invalid command
    I am looking at the manual.. everything is listed accept 14... what is 14?

okay so I installed a sniffer to watch the traffic as the script is sending commands.. its all errors... and I think its cause its saying device ID 1... but its Device ID0...
    is there something that needs to be cleared out to reset this? or is the script messed up?
    Last edited by Mwillis; September 14, 2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
      Did you load also the psr file into the xap800 unit?
      Yes, I think.

All I do is open the psr file in G-ware, connect to site and sync with the document, right?

Comment

we are both having the same problem

The code that the unit is sending is incorrect.. I think that the script is messed up in calculating the command for the matrix routing...

Unfortunately I have not learned enough about this unit to fully understand its routing...

I am use to DBX, XTI using HiQnet to edit everything. My plate is pretty full too. I am having to jump dive into every aspect of home automation.

so far Im doing pretty good though.

Im a bit rusty on my VB. I loaded up visual studios to look at it.

I am confident that everything is inputted correctly in the systems config. can we Double check the scripting?

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
          If I go into G-Ware and connect audio in (input 12) to Livingroom (output 2) I hear the audio. so it is playing...
          so the unit must not be accepting commands from the script.
          Wrong assumption
          You are connecting output 2 directly to input 12 and that is not what the script does. The script make use of the processors inside the xap800 and you should connect the output of the processor (as an input) to output 2

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
          Okay so I connected to the device via teraterm and sent [#5-1 MTRX P E 14 O 1 ] the command the script is sending.. and its returning an invalid command
          I am looking at the manual.. everything is listed accept 14... what is 14?
          There is a syntax fault
          It should be #51 and not #5-1
          I believe it's in the script so i will have a look into it. Rather strange since because in my setup and at a few other testers it didn't show up. Give me some time to figure this out and ill get back to you.
          - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Well done, you found another rather strange bug
            There seems to be a difference between the way how a conversion to an integer is done amongst the different scripting engines used in HS3 or the OS. I tried to make this more robust.

For a quick fix to solve this you can open the script and scroll to the end of it. Replace the last function called GetUnitID with this one
            Code:
             '==============================
            ' Get the unit ID
            '==============================
            '
            'Get the ID of the unit
            '
            Function GetUnitID(Byval RoomNumber As Integer) As Integer
             Dim result As Integer
             result = int(RoomNumber / OutputsPerUnit)
             If result < 0 Then result = 0
             Return result
            End Function
            - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
            HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
            PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

YAY

Awesome.

hey I think I found the solution of my winamp control remotely. plus some

http://www.ajaxamp.com/

see what you think.

Comment

Hey guys, I've finally got my mic cabling corrected to my bedroom and tried different mics so I can make a bit of progress on this project. Last time I tested PZM-11 mic in that room and I couldn't get it to pick up normal speech just about 15' away without me half-shouting at it.

This time I tried Shure MX391 (they retail for $250, but you can pick them up on Ebay for less than $50 used) and it works wonderfully. I could lower the mic volume and gain and it still picks up normal level speech. (There's also Shure MX392 and MX393 that is the same type, but newer version I guess).

Anyway, listen to master AshaiRey... he ain't bs-ing when he said mic selection is of paramount importance

Btw, my speaker client responds (w/ 'Yes Sire') three times (!).. .what is causing the multiple responses?
                Edit: it was my Sonos plugin's 'proxy flag' option and XBMC's plugin 'forward speaker actions to xbmc client'.
                Last edited by LeoS; October 5, 2015, 01:24 AM.
                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                  Anyway, listen to master AshaiRey... he ain't bs-ing when he said mic selection is of paramount importance
                  And you my grasshopper are now one of the few enlightend persons that have reached mic nirvana by this experience....

(if you understand where this come from then you are old)
                  - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I found your excellent scripts last week and have been playing with audio in zones without problem.

Today I've wired up a Samson CM11B Omni directional microphone and connected to input 1 which is the kitchen. I connected up headphones to the output of the XAP800 (Output 12) and can hear the output of the mic nice and clear. The speaker client can also hear me as it hears the attention phrase but I don't hear the confirmation through the speakers in the kitchen (or any other room), the kitchen speakers are connected to Output 1.

Am I missing something is there something else I need to do ? Do I change anything to do with gating at this point?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Simon

Comment

And you my grasshopper are now one of the few enlightend persons that have reached mic nirvana by this experience....

(if you understand where this come from then you are old)
                      Old enough to have been around when it was still being broadcasted, but too young to care about kungfu fighting dudes, than my matchbox cars and gijoes

Btw, is it possible to do context-specific voice prompt?
                      Ie:
                      1. PIR triggers occupancy in room
                      2. System asks the user (through xap800) "would you like to turn on the tv?"
                      3. User answers with "yes" or "no"
                      4. Corresponding event is triggered.
                      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                        I found your excellent scripts last week and have been playing with audio in zones without problem.

Today I've wired up a Samson CM11B Omni directional microphone and connected to input 1 which is the kitchen. I connected up headphones to the output of the XAP800 (Output 12) and can hear the output of the mic nice and clear. The speaker client can also hear me as it hears the attention phrase but I don't hear the confirmation through the speakers in the kitchen (or any other room), the kitchen speakers are connected to Output 1.

Am I missing something is there something else I need to do ? Do I change anything to do with gating at this point?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Simon
                        Just a question but did you load the psr file to the XAP800?

You need to call the VRStart and VRend fuctions in the ZMC script to switch between the different modes. I have a separate script for this to do so. It's converted already to HS3 and i will make it available soon. Probaly within a day or 2 when i get home again.
                        - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                          Btw, is it possible to do context-specific voice prompt?
                          Ie:
                          1. PIR triggers occupancy in room
                          2. System asks the user (through xap800) "would you like to turn on the tv?"
                          3. User answers with "yes" or "no"
                          4. Corresponding event is triggered.
                          Yes it is.
                          The pir can trigger an event that turn of audio at that location, turn on the VR system. Then trigger the corresponding event that ask the question and let it handle yes or no.

Is it wise to do so? Probaly not. Each time the pir triggers you get that annoying question to answer
                          - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Just a question but did you load the psr file to the XAP800?

You need to call the VRStart and VRend fuctions in the ZMC script to switch between the different modes. I have a separate script for this to do so. It's converted already to HS3 and i will make it available soon. Probaly within a day or 2 when i get home again.
                            Yes I loaded the psr file.

So when the attention phrase is detected is this when the VRStart function should be called? I tried just starting it manually before speaking but itjust says the following in the log.

Code:
                            Oct-06 15:51:31	 	AZ_ZMC v4.0.4	NO GATED MIC FOUND !
                            Oct-06 15:51:31	 	AZ_ZMC v4.0.4	Gate to work with : 0
                            Oct-06 15:51:31	 	AZ_ZMC v4.0.4	Number of mics : 2
                            Oct-06 15:51:31	 	AZ_ZMC v4.0.4	Gate from device : 0
                            Oct-06 15:51:31	 	AZ_ZMC v4.0.4	Gate from comport : 0
                            Oct-06 15:51:31	 	AZ_ZMC v4.0.4	VR device = ZMC-W70(ref:880)
                            Oct-06 15:51:31	 	AZ_ZMC v4.0.4	VR System starting up.
                            I look forward to you releasing the other script :-)

Thanks
                            Simon

Comment

Yes it is.
                              The pir can trigger an event that turn of audio at that location, turn on the VR system. Then trigger the corresponding event that ask the question and let it handle yes or no.

Is it wise to do so? Probaly not. Each time the pir triggers you get that annoying question to answer
                              Ehhh good point. I wouldn't directly associate it to a pir per se... I was thinking of situations when you might have your hands full or away from control.

Perhaps a more useful situation is when a timed event is about to be executed and you might want to delay/cancel that event. Ie: you walk in to a room, lights auto on, when it's about to time out then it asks if you want to extend the duration or change the room's status to occupied, to turn off the timer.

Another thing... Wouldn't it be cool if the system can identify audio cues/signatures to trigger an event?
                              Ie: system hears sound of foot steps coming closer, turn room occupancy on. If it fades out (or does not hear any sound after a door is closed, then room can be flagged as empty, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                                Yes I loaded the psr file.

So when the attention phrase is detected is this when the VRStart function should be called? I tried just starting it manually before speaking but itjust says the following in the log.

Code:
                                Oct-06 15:51:31         AZ_ZMC v4.0.4    NO GATED MIC FOUND !
                                Oct-06 15:51:31         AZ_ZMC v4.0.4    Gate to work with : 0
                                Oct-06 15:51:31         AZ_ZMC v4.0.4    Number of mics : 2
                                Oct-06 15:51:31         AZ_ZMC v4.0.4    Gate from device : 0
                                Oct-06 15:51:31         AZ_ZMC v4.0.4    Gate from comport : 0
                                Oct-06 15:51:31         AZ_ZMC v4.0.4    VR device = ZMC-W70(ref:880)
                                Oct-06 15:51:31         AZ_ZMC v4.0.4    VR System starting up.
                                I look forward to you releasing the other script :-)

Thanks
                                Simon
                                I am working the last weeks shifts af 12h a day so my answers seems to be foggy.

The script i mentioned is for controlling your audio by VR (finished conversion) and making a baby phone or intercom setup (in progress)

On the bright side the VR control is already there in the ZMC script you have. I shall try to explain what the process is.

A lot of words but i hope it will be clear.

If the attention phrase is heard you need to know in with room that was. You can get that information from the XAP and see which gate is active. The gate that becomes active will signal a pin on the db25 connector on the back and can be read with a arduino for example. A more simple solution it to use ZMC itself since the psr file for the XAP800 is setup in such way that the gate ID will be send up to the com port into the ZMC script. The last way to do this is how i am using this it to use a different attention phrase for each room like 'Attention Willy in the kitchen" and the VR software takes care of the ID base on the attention phrase heard. (Yes you can use different VR software instead of the speakerclient as long as it can run a script)

Why i tell you this in such detail. Well, the room ID is what you need to put into the VR status device as value. When a HS device get a value higher then 0 then it's considered ON. And when this device goes to the state ON or let it trigger when the value is not zero then let the device trigger an event that call the VRStart function in the ZMC script

VRStart will take the value of the device and with it it can setup everything to do VR in that room and mute every other mic so you have minimum noise from other mic(s).

After you end the VR session just put the VR status device OFF or give it a value of 0 and let it trigger VREnd and everything will be set back to its previous state.
                                - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                                X