Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino vs Fibaro gen2

Hi,

I'm after the best dimmer/1-relay/2-relay modules - which are the best in combination with HomeSeer (I use a Zee S2 currently - however I am thinking of upgrading to S6 or separate PC of some kind)?

My needs are:
    1) Dimmer / 1-relay / 2-relay
    2) They need to work perfect, and fast
    3) They need to report power consumption

Nice to have:
    4) I like the idea of Temp.Sensor on the Qubino, although I need to attach the temp sensor more or less ON the Qubino and not a looooong cable

Anything else I am missing?

Hi Larhedse,

Bit of a late response - sorry

I am using both Fibaro and Qubino modules of all kinds like double and single switches, dimmers, shutters etc. I can definitely recommend both. You probably won't find any difference between the two brands in daily operation. Only thing to keep in mind is that due to the smaller form factor, Qubino modules are typically rated for lower load. For example Fibaro double switch is 2x 6.5A, Qubino double switch is 2x 4A.

Compatibility also hasn't been a problem. They basically behave exactly the same and play nice with all my other modules like Aeotec, Vision, nodOn, Popp etc.

In the early days the Qubinos had power metering and the Fibaros didnt, but this has changed with the latest models. They now all have power metering and the accuracy - as far as I can say - is the same on both. Tough choice really

One remark on temp probes: mounting them on or close to the module won't do you any good really. The problem is that the modules (and thats all modules really) generate some heat of their own. In close proximity you can't sensibly correct the temp either because the module heat superimposes the ambient temperature.

Alex

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
    Hi,

I'm after the best dimmer/1-relay/2-relay modules - which are the best in combination with HomeSeer (I use a Zee S2 currently - however I am thinking of upgrading to S6 or separate PC of some kind)?

My needs are:
    1) Dimmer / 1-relay / 2-relay
    2) They need to work perfect, and fast
    3) They need to report power consumption

Nice to have:
    4) I like the idea of Temp.Sensor on the Qubino, although I need to attach the temp sensor more or less ON the Qubino and not a looooong cable

Anything else I am missing?

Comment

Working...
    X