Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can IFTTT be used to control Homeseer 1.7.3

Hello,

Just wondering if I can use IFTTT to control my Homeseer Version 1.7.3 and if so does anyone have examples on how to get started? Thanks Much..........Rick Bonari

Hey Rick. IFTTT is only available for HS3.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hello Rupp,

Good to hear from you !!!! It has been a long time !!!!! Thanks for the info. I have a robot that uses EZ-Builder software. It has a built in HTTP web server and was wondering if I could use it to control homeseer? Is there a way to send command strings to the homeseer V1.7.3 from the HTTP Webserver to control lights, appliances. Seems this should work but not sure how to get started with actually sending the command strings from the HTTP web server to homeseer 1.7.3. Any help is much appreciated and good to hear from you !!!!!!! Rick

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on this last issue?
        Thanks much....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
          Anyone have any thoughts on this last issue?
          Thanks much....Rick
          It's been so long that I couldn't even begin to tell you. I used to control Homeseer with a COM Activex component. Haven't looked at it in more than a decade. Here's the object. It was used with a program called DesktopX. Maybe it can be of some help. I'm assuming you are running an older machine where you can set up DCOM?

Comment

You also might be able to use IFTTT with the maker channel to send a command as well. I don't remember how capable the web server was at that point.

Comment

It seems there is a way to send commands to homeseer url via the command line to turn ligjts on and off, etc. Haven't located my manual in a while so not sure how to get started. Seems that IFTTT with maker channel shoul work also if this is the case. Seems you are able to send commands via the homeseer server but can't find manual. Thanks for the replies and any further ideas to get started would be much appreciated....Rick
              Last edited by Rick Bonari; July 22, 2017, 12:47 AM. Reason: Additional statement

Comment

Working...
              X