Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Point of an IN Wall Control Panel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes here have left the Leviton OmniTouch wired touchscreens in place along with the alarm keypads and removed in wall HSTouchscreens over the years going to tabletop POE connected touch screens.

Last used in wall larger touchscreens mostly displayed art, old family pictures and old family videos.

Night stand tabletops are connected to an in wall in box managed mini POE switch that fits inside of a duplex sized box. None of my tabletops are battery operated and some do utilize wireless today.

I over do it with the wired tabletops here and it is low on the WAF. There are three in the master bedroom and one in the master bathroom plus one in wall Omnitouch screen in the master bedroom.

The home network is managed Gb switch wired. Audio is wired with in wall speakers / local controllers wired to my Russound system.

I try to not have dependencies on wireless for my automation (same as not using the cloud) or smart phone or tablet these days.

I could switch over to using Google Home or Amazon Alexa for less console clutter I suppose.

That is me though.
    Last edited by Pete; November 16, 2017, 08:13 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X