Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS does not see battery

Hi Blade,
    I have tried few of your plugins, you have been doing an excellent job with them. I found them very useful and they all have a nice user interface.

I installed the UPS plugin yesterday and I noticed that it can see the UPS but few devices are not showing up. I need to confirm but I think I have the APC ES550.

Unknown BLUPS Last Power Restore #6 BLUPS Device Never Set
    Unknown BLUPS Last Power Failure #5 BLUPS Device Never Set
    Unknown BLUPS Life Remaining #4 BLUPS Device Never Set
    Unknown BLUPS Battery Percentage #3 BLUPS Device Never Set
    No Battery BLUPS Battery Level #2 BLUPS Device Today 2:06:49 PM
    On AC Power BLUPS Power Status #1 BLUPS Device Today 2:06:49 PM

Thanks.

You need to make sure Windows is managing the UPS and not the software that comes with the UPS.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks Blade,
      I do not have any software installed for this UPS. There is anything that I can check to verify that it is using Microsoft drivers?

Comment

Check the power properties.
        It is likely being controlled my Windows.
        I am running an APC Back-UPS XS 1300

Are you using a USB UPS?
        The plugin only works with a USB
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Hi Blade,
          Under Device Manager:
          Batteries:
          CyberPower battery Backup

Connected via USB cable
          Under Power, UPS, I get an error "The UPS service is currently stopped, I try to start the service but I get an error. I'm not sure how to configure it, the only choice is Serial and not USB.
          Last edited by alphatech; January 6, 2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Do you have a serial UPS?
            If so that will not work with the plugin
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

It is a direct USB no serial.

Comment

I have the same issue on my Windows 2000 server. I have no USB show up in the UPS option. What OS are you using?
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

XP professional. It is strange under the UPS tab under power it does not have an option to select USB, only Com ports. The UPS that i have is USB only.

Comment

I use a Tripplite - installed their software/drivers and it works fine. However, I would have liked to hook into HS. Like you, no USB selection available.
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Blade does a great job with these plugins, scripts and events could be used using Blade's plugin, with their software we are limited to their alerts.

Comment

Did you check that you have an entry for this device in the windows device manager ?
                        As a matter of fact, you should have two, one for the USB peripheral itself in the HID list and one as a Battery device with two sub devices (microsoft composite battery and the HID UPS)

If you don't, there is probably an unknown device, which means your UPS is not natively supported by windows.
                        You could try to update the drivers from the device manager.

If you don't see anything at all relating to this UPS, then you should check the connection. Do you hear the USB "sound" when you connect or disconnect the cable ?

Comment

Same as #1

Hi all, I have a Belkin UPS model F6C1250 which supports both USB and serial but receive same messages as post #1. In device manager it does show up as an unknown device, also is not configurable as a USB device so there cannot start UPS service due to wrong configuration. Did this issue ever get resolved by anyone. I live in hope!
                          Peter

Comment

The plugin only supports a USB UPS.
                            You must not install and UPS software and allow windows to control it.
                            I am using a windows call to get the info.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

No success yet, probably something simple!

Hi Blade,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
                              I have had another go at getting this plugin to work, alas no success. So here is what I know and have done.
                              1. I have removed the supplied software as advised, there is as far as I can see no HID compliant driver for the UPS (might be wrong here) see number 2.
                              2. In windows device manager I have a device under the Other tab which is not properly installed, I belief this to be the UPS.
                              3. If I try to start UPS service I get an err 2481, UPS is not configured correctly.
                              4. The UPS itself is either Serial or USB and is only connected via USB.
                              5. In control panel, Power options under UPS tab I have tried to add a Generic UPS as this would seem the most appropriate.
                              It does not allow for a USB UPS and only shows COM ports for any configuration.
                              6. My computer is a Homeseer HomeTroller running Windows XP embedded.
                              Sorry Blade I do not understand "Windows call" post #14.

I do hope someone might have a simple fix or answer to this, I was wondering if it could be just a missing driver if that is so does any one know what it is.

Thanks in advance Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X