Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you "sparkman". I think that on page 2 it is shown which function is on which PIN of the RJ11 connector:

1: DSR
    2: Frame Ground
    3: TX
    4: RX
    5: Signal Ground
    6: DTR

and on page 3 the functions of the DB9 connector:

1: CD
    2: Signal IN (I think RX)
    3: Signal OUT (I think TX)
    4: DTR
    5: GND (I think Signal Ground)
    6: DSR
    7: RTS
    8: CTS
    9: Ring Indicator

It looks like everything is as supposed, but it doesn't work. My best idea is:

RJ11 PIN -> DB9 PIN:

1 -> 6
    2 -> 5
    3 -> 2
    4 -> 3
    5 -> 7
    6 -> 4

But it doesn't work. Maybe the programmer of the plugin knows which (RJ11) function is needed on which PIN of the DB9?

I have no more ideas - maybe my DSC4401 is broken (not only my english)?

Comment

Sorry, I never had to make a cable for the 4401.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I still thank you for your reply, Sgt. Shulz.

Comment

Hello,

Will you be able to release an update to the HS2 version? I am very desperate for that...

HS abandoned it with MAJOR security holes and flaws...
          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

All development for HS2 was sunsetted last summer.
            Wade

Comment

Right, I was just hoping since you had the code you could fix what HS just abandoned...

We were promised a fix but AFTER the release of HS3. They said, we are really busy with HS3 but as soon as that launches, we can go back and fix this little bugs. Then, they just said, Nah... we are done...

Can you help at all?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

You might want to take a look at my signature.
                Wade

Comment

Wade, I know who you are and where you work. I was hoping that since this is your code, you would want to make sure it was clean.

I know that programmers' code is like their children and most of them would not want bad code out in the wild...

It was just a hope; a hail-mary...

Oh well...

Comment

Triggers from Zone Restorals

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                    That sounds really good!

I have one more request I failed to mention earlier ...
                    ... would you be able to speed up processing so it takes less time for a zone activation to be reflected in HS3? I ask because I trigger based on zone activations to turn light on and I want the minimum possible delay.

Cheers
                    Nicolai
                    NicolaiL,
                    Have you tested Zone Open/Restoral triggers in 3.0.0.34?

I have an event using: IF the response code received is Zone Opened(609) for any zone THEN Speak Zone Opened.

However it never triggers... Do you use a similar trigger or are you making a VB call?

Thanks,
                    Gear

Comment

Are you seeing the status of that zone change on the device management page?

What does the log look like?
                      Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                        Are you seeing the status of that zone change on the device management page?

What does the log look like?
                        Sgt,
                        The devices are changing state properly. However the events based on Zone Open/Restoral triggers are not triggering and there are no related entries in the log file.

I've found a work around and that is simply to use triggers based on the devices changing state:

IF Front Door changes and becomes a value in the range of 609 to 609
                        THEN ...

This built-in trigger works fine.

Thanks, Gear

Comment

I was asking about the devices, as they get the same response values the trigger does.

I was interested in the log file in case an error had occurred in your event process somewhere.

I tested the trigger for a single zone as well as all zones and it ran the action I set up with no issues.
                          Wade

Comment

Is there any chance of the DSC plugin for HS3 linux?

Thanks
                            Gary

Comment

Yes, we plan on offering this on Linux, should be in the updater soon, just need to test.

Originally posted by connoleg View Post
                              Is there any chance of the DSC plugin for HS3 linux?

Thanks
                              Gary
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This thread has gone quiet but not seen any updates lately. As far as I can tell with the latest version we've lost status names. Luckily for me I'd set up my events already which have converted themselves to the values instead but I can't set up new ones.
                                Also I used to trigger events to email me if specific users disarmed the panel but now it only has user 0003 and seems to ignore the name to pass code position lookup in the plugin config. Is this wip or is this just me?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X