No announcement yet.

Caddx Plugin feature requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an option under "Tools > Setup > Custom > Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)" that allows you to 'turn on' the ref ID for all devices in the view. This makes it easy to see the ref ID when developing scripts without having to look at the advanced tab for every device. That's why you see the ref ID on the left. Problem is it does not seem to "stick" for all views. If I change floors or rooms, it may not appear again.

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the update. This will take awhile as I have events that "speak" when a zone either faults or is normal again. I sue this for debugging new sensors and to determine best placement for sensors. I will try a few and see if errors go away. They only seem to appear for these faulted/normal alerts.
      It's 20 seconds per event and the error stays unless you adjusted all triggers
      Sorry for the inconvience
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hello,

I looked through all my events for CADDX and only events related to Partition actions or status and events related to Send Keypad Message were affected. In the event there is this message in red font.. "Error calling the plug-in to get the trigger UI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

So the rework will not be as extensive as thought. However, the action or status for partion or message is lost. I will need to try to remember what the original rule was.

PARTITION
        disarmed
        armed away
        armed stay
        Fire alert
        any zone faulted
        siren On

Comment

UPDATE: I deleted the bad event that had the error message.

I created a new event with a slightly different name. The new event posts the same error text as before and the detail for partion number and partion status is missing and replaced by the error text again.

The event IF statement should have selected CADDX partion as the action and prompted for the partition number and the partition status (i.e. Armed Stay). It did all that. I went to to define then THEN action to send an email. When I looked at the event a second time the error test was back.

Did you have to do anything in between removing the corrupted events like restart the plugin or restart HS3?

Comment

What does "adjusted all triggers" mean. Example?

Comment

UPDATE: I recycled the CADDX plugin and started over. Everything seems to be working okay now. Not sure why that was needed. I think I'm all set. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Solution

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                The "Partition 1 Last Faulted Zone" is not part off the plug (anymore). I don't know where it cam from, but you can delete it.
                Hello,

Since I could not seem to get rid of this "Last Faulted Zone" device being created when I create HS devices, I decided to keep it and make it report the Last Zone faulted.

I have events that notify me (speak) when a zone faults; one for each zone. I use this for debugging sensors to make sure they are working and positioned correctly in the room. I added an action to each of these that populates the device ref # for the "Last Zone Faulted" device that gets created but is not part of the plugin. The ref # for the device is 404. I added this direct command step to each of my events...in this case the bedroom Window faulted. Each new fault overwrites the string value of the device so only the Last Zone Faulted is listed in the device view.

&hs.SetDeviceString(404, "BEDRM WINDOW", true)

Comment

Chime Toggle

Hello,

The device created by the plugin called "Partition 1 Chime Control" does toggle the chime each time it is activated either from the device view or from an event. However the device value and device string remain the same regardless if the chime is ON or OFF on the keypad. ( value=0, string= Chime Off )

Is it possible to query the panel to see what state the chime is in and set the device value and string appropriately?

suggest value string
                  ON 1 Chime On
                  OFF 0 Chime Off

Comment

New Problem with Partition 1 Control

Not sure when this started but the Partion 1 Control currently has a value of "Disarmed". If I Arm Stay or Arm Away, the Control status remains at Disarmed. The last update on Partition 1 Control is something like Jan 14, 2017 so this has been not working for some time.

I did do a get partition info again on the config page but does not seem to make a difference. I can use the control button to set Stay or Away or Disarm. Just does not seem to get the status back of the current state from the panel. Everything else seems to be updating okay.

Looking for ideas on what to try or look for....

HS 3.0.307
                    CADDX 3.4.1.0
                    Windows 10 Pro

Comment

I've got the same problem

Comment

I believe it was working at one point but could have been many months ago.

It's interesting however that if I create an event to send me an email when the system is "Armed Stay", "Armed Away", or "Disarmed" it will send me the email. So it seems to know what state the panel is in but does not update the child device correctly. It is always stuck on Disarmed.

Comment

I recently had a problem with my Caddx Plug-in. For some unknown reason it stopped working and the ini file reverted to it's original empty default configuration. I had to recreate my partition devices and zone devices to populate the ini file and then edit the ini file to show the old original ref numbers. It's working again.

I just saw these recent posts and thought I would share the approach I have been using for a few years now. You might find that it works better for you too.

Some time ago I changed my set up to use the Caddx Aux Outputs to sense arm/disarm status as well as exit timer and entry timer status. There are four programmable Aux Outputs. I was never able to get reliable performance from the Caddx Plug-in partition devices. Using the Aux Outputs instead has been 100% reliable. I only use the plug-in for zone status and last user information. I use zone status info to cause announcements to remind us to close any open doors or motion in certain places after dark and to turn off my garage heater if a door is open.

I sense the voltage output to the siren and have a corresponding HS device to tell me the status of the siren.

I have various events and scripts that trigger off of the status of the Aux outputs and siren to send emails and text messages.

Comment

Working...
                          X