Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons instead of DropDowns

Hello!

Is it possible to have Buttons instead of those drop-downs for the harmony devices?

With those drop-downs it is not possible to call an action multiple times (volume up for example).

That would be great!

Kind regards,
    Christian Holzmann

+1 for buttons, it is difficult if you want the same command more than once. I have had to set up virtual devices and events to solve this issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, buttons would be nice feature.

Comment

I missed this post.

This feature has an huge impact on the plugin. It will take a lot of time, which I don't have right now.

I will implement this if there will be a big new release, based on the new API (when available form Logitech).
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I understand the issue with buttons, but won't the HS devices potentially get rather large depending on the device? My Sony receiver must have 50 dropdown items currently. I don't think this would be very usable if all of these showed up as a button. To make it usable, the plugin would probably need to create multiple HS devices to capture things like power, volume, input/source, etc. like you see in plugins specifically designed around a particular piece of equipment (receiver, TiVo, etc.). This could get very complicated given that Harmony supports thousands of devices.

Maybe just a way to create a custom device and add buttons based on the list of functions available or just for volume, up/down, other items where you might want to repeatedly press something?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
            I understand the issue with buttons, but won't the HS devices potentially get rather large depending on the device? My Sony receiver must have 50 dropdown items currently. I don't think this would be very usable if all of these showed up as a button. To make it usable, the plugin would probably need to create multiple HS devices to capture things like power, volume, input/source, etc. like you see in plugins specifically designed around a particular piece of equipment (receiver, TiVo, etc.). This could get very complicated given that Harmony supports thousands of devices.

Maybe just a way to create a custom device and add buttons based on the list of functions available or just for volume, up/down, other items where you might want to repeatedly press something?
            The developer can choose have a popup for the controls instead of displaying them in the control column of the device list. It still would have a lot in 1 box, but it won't make your device list long.

I personally am not sure how a developer would know how to "Group" the buttons like that without potentially getting some of them wrong sometimes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X