Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Links?

Wow! Snappy, snappy! Nice work!

Made some random visits to product pages. In page for RFXCom Receiver (https://shop.homeseer.com/products/r...nt=26767527110) it looks like some links might be missing. E.g., "RFXCOM Downloads Page"; "More Information" show up as plain text and I would expect those to be links.

Have not done exhaustive exploration, but like look, feel, and response of new site.

Comment

The only other thing that I see is on the plug-ins page. What appears to look like tables (if I remember right) for each category could also have the background color changed so the text stands out a little better. Other than that the text background color change in the drop downs looks great!

Edit: Another idea I have used before would be to make the background color of the drop down or table slightly darker and use a white font instead of black.
      Last edited by cowinger; July 13, 2017, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
        The only other thing that I see is on the plug-ins page. What appears to look like tables (if I remember right) for each category could also have the background color changed so the text stands out a little better. Other than that the text background color change in the drop downs looks great!

Edit: Another idea I have used before would be to make the background color of the drop down or table slightly darker and use a white font instead of black.
        On a related note would it not be easier to pull all of the plugin detail from the updater control file? It is out of date (my plugins are not there at least) and not the easiest to read if you are half way down the list and need to determine if a plugin is windows/linux as you then have to scroll all the way up to determine what * or ** means.

It should be fairly easy to do in an any web language - I do it in ASPX with my own plugins here, http://s652164905.websitehome.co.uk/....aspx#Pushover 3P-RL

I pick the version number, plugin name, target and links out of the plugin updater files.

It just seems to be a recipe for out of date information if it requires manually updating all of the while.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          On a related note would it not be easier to pull all of the plugin detail from the updater control file? It is out of date (my plugins are not there at least) and not the easiest to read if you are half way down the list and need to determine if a plugin is windows/linux as you then have to scroll all the way up to determine what * or ** means.

It should be fairly easy to do in an any web language - I do it in ASPX with my own plugins here, http://s652164905.websitehome.co.uk/....aspx#Pushover 3P-RL

I pick the version number, plugin name, target and links out of the plugin updater files.

It just seems to be a recipe for out of date information if it requires manually updating all of the while.
          mrhappy, I am not quite sure how my simple suggestion for a background color change connects to what you are suggesting. Just wondering why you used my quote.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            mrhappy, I am not quite sure how my simple suggestion for a background color change connects to what you are suggesting. Just wondering why you used my quote.
            It is the same page I was suggesting could be changed to both be dynamic in terms of the data being pulled from the updater in addition to the formatting changes you suggest are also a good idea because I think it is a little difficult to read.

Comment

It is the same page I was suggesting could be changed to both be dynamic in terms of the data being pulled from the updater in addition to the formatting changes you suggest are also a good idea because I think it is a little difficult to read.
              OK, thanks. The part about and I quote "changed to both be dynamic in terms of the data being pulled from the updater" I did not understand what that meant at all. So that is why I was confused as to the connection. All good.

Comment

+1

Comment

FWIW, we are working on developer 'portal' and may be able to add some dynamic capability after that. In the meantime, I've cleaned up the plug-ins page by getting rid of the ** and replacing that with an OS column.

https://homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins/
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    FWIW, we are working on developer 'portal' and may be able to add some dynamic capability after that. In the meantime, I've cleaned up the plug-ins page by getting rid of the ** and replacing that with an OS column.

https://homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins/
                    Mark - is there any update on the developer portal at all? I see that a post from Rich said a couple of weeks in September 2016 but can't say I have seen any further mention. I just pay for my hosting that is all (which is largely used for HS plugins, I appreciate that you can host them however I then can't push quick updates which I guess the developer portal is aimed at) and need to know whether to continue for another couple of months or not.

Comment

We are waiting to free up one of tech support guys in order to get this finished. Hopefully real soon, I do want to get this activated asap.

Mark - is there any update on the developer portal at all? I see that a post from Rich said a couple of weeks in September 2016 but can't say I have seen any further mention. I just pay for my hosting that is all (which is largely used for HS plugins, I appreciate that you can host them however I then can't push quick updates which I guess the developer portal is aimed at) and need to know whether to continue for another couple of months or not.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                      X