This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clicking on Phone line using Way2Call

I purchased a Way2Call unit and am using the ITGuyHS script to stop robo calls and it has really cut down the amount of calls I get per day. Thank You!!! One thing I did notice and was wondering if anyone else has noticed that while I am on the phone for maybe for 20 minutes or so that the Way2call box relay will click and interrupt the call briefly. It seems to happen about every 3 or 4 minutes. There isn't anything in the HS log file. Has anyone noticed this happening?

Thanks in Advance,

Ronnie

I haven't noticed that while on a call, but most of my calls are very short. I have heard it clicking every so often when the phone is on hook. Does it result in your call being disconnected or is it just a short drop-out in the audio?
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

It does not drop the call. It does interrupt the audio of the person you are speaking to. It is enough of an interruption that you have to tell the other person to repeat the sentence.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

I have heard the clicking on occasion for me normally it is right at the start of the call, but it is not very often currently. I used to get it quite often, but that was several firmware and software versions ago and since they haven't updated either of those recently it was probably 4 or 5 years ago where it was fairly normal to get the interruption in the conversation. You may just double check to make sure you have the current firmware and driver for your device, but be warned last time I checked I think you needed a Windows XP machine to upgrade the firmware unless they have updated it recently.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
          It does not drop the call. It does interrupt the audio of the person you are speaking to. It is enough of an interruption that you have to tell the other person to repeat the sentence.
          I wonder if it's checking the line for something every so often. There's a setting for "minutes of inactivity before automatic hangup". You might try bumping that up to see if it makes any difference. This is just a wild guess - not based on any knowledge.
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

I found an XP machine and updated the firmware. I was running 4.03.24 and updated it to 4.03.36. Thank you very much for the input. I also bumped up the minutes of inactivity before automatic hangup in the settings.

Thank you to everyone.

Ronnie

Comment

After updating the firmware and increasing the minutes of inactivity before automatic hangup to 30 minutes, the Way2Call unit still clicks and interrupts the audio of a phone call. I cannot put a time on how long into the call or which party is talking when the units clicks.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                After updating the firmware and increasing the minutes of inactivity before automatic hangup to 30 minutes, the Way2Call unit still clicks and interrupts the audio of a phone call. I cannot put a time on how long into the call or which party is talking when the units clicks.
                Do you have "call waiting" from your telco? If so, do you have your W2C set up to act on it (during a call) or ignore it? I don't think HS supports the call-waiting function, so if that is turned on, turn it off. Those settings are changed through the W2C tools software, not through HS.

Could you do a test call while watching the indicator lights on the front of the W2C? If looking at the front of the unit, the lights from left to right are:
                Power, local phone ringing, handset off hook, Line off hook, Mute, Headset plug in Indicator

The lights of interest are numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5. Make a note of any that come on during the "click and cut-out". That should show you what the W2C is doing and give a good starting point to figure out the problem.

BTW, since changing the "inactivity" setting made no difference, you might want to change that back to 1.
                Fred

Comment

ITguyHS thanks for the response. I have made the changes in the call waiting settings in the Way2Call box. I'll let you know if that solved the problem.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Comment

I am still having problems with the W2C unit interrupting phone conversations. During a call either generated by me or an incoming call, after a couple of minutes (random) and several times during a long call, I can hear a single touch tone on the phone line. When this happens, the W2C relay will click and the other persons audio is interrupted. The W2C box will not disconnect the call. I updated the firmware and updated the current drivers. I also disabled the call waiting in the W2C setup outside of HS3. I did uncheck HS3 phone and let the W2C box run without being connected to HS3 for 3 days and the incoming and outgoing calls were not interrupted. After I re-enabled the HS3 phone and using the robo-call script the interruptions started again. The robo-call script is working perfect. I looked in the log file and there isn't anything unusual listed, just the CID and the phone # and the running script.
                    During a phone conversation the Power led and handset off hook led remains on and during the interruption, both of these lights also remains on.

I am using the W2C HD00USGR02. I also have a HD00PRG01 unit that I have tried but it disconnects from the Windows 10 computer after a call is completed.

Any Ideas,

Thanks in advance

Ronnie

Comment

I'm thinking that you're hearing the call-waiting signal sent by your telco when another call tries to ring in. The changes you made to your W2C will change the way the W2C treats a call-waiting signal, but it doesn't stop your telco from sending it.
                      Fortunately, this is easy to test. You'll need the help of two friends. Have friend-A agree to call your number at a specified time. About a minute before that time, you call friend-B and talk for a couple of minutes [spanning the time that friend-A is supposed to call]. If it is call-waiting that you're hearing, you should hear the tone and audio cut-out when friend-A calls.
                      Now fixing that situation may be a little tougher, but the test will give us a clue as to where we need to look. Let me know the results.
                      Fred

Comment

I just did the test from my previous post. I'm hearing exactly what you describe - a beep followed by a drop-out in the incoming audio that sounded almost like a disconnect click - but wasn't. Interestingly, if I let the call-waiting call just keep ringing, I would hear the beep every so often, but without the sounds-like-a-disconnect click.

Just out of curiosity, I took my W2C completely out of the circuit and did the test again. It sounded exactly the same!! If you do the tests, I suggest you also do it both with and without the W2C in the circuit so you can see if it sounds the same.

If this is what you're hearing, we're not going to be able to cure it, since it's generated by the telco. Well, I guess one cure would be to have your telco turn off call waiting, but you might not find that acceptable.

Please post the results of your tests!
                        Fred

Comment

ItguysHS,

Thank you for the response on this problem. Here is the outcome of the test: I used 2 cell phones, one to make a call into the landline and one to kick in the call waiting. After connecting to the landline for about 5 or 6 minutes, I called with the second cellphone the person on the landline side could hear a short click and the person on the cellphone would hear a loss of audio from the landline person. It is not the same as the click and touchtone audio that happens occasionally. Both parties hear the touchtone audio when the problem occurs. I have completely disconnected the W2C box for a week and I never got the clicks and audio tones when it was disconnected. I have everything disabled in the W2C setup. This has been driving me nuts why I am getting these beeps. WAF is low because it happens to her the most.

Thanks for your help!!

Ronnie

Comment

Well, at least now we know one thing that it isn't. I'll try to do a little research today and see if I come up with any other ideas.

Under HS3 Setup=>Phone=>Line Specific Settings, do you have Detail Logging and Log IVR Script Processing both set to yes? If not, you might want to do that to see if it will give us any additional clues.
                            Fred

Comment

Detail Logging and Log IVR Script Processing are both set to yes. Thank you again for all of your help!!

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                              X