Fibaro RGB module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro RGB module

Can someone please confirm that a Fibaro RGB module works in IH, and shows up (as one option) as a color wheel in the dashboard view of IH?

Thanks

RGB lights are not supported yet in the plugin, but it's on my TODO list.

Comment

oh... the top I hope. I use this a lot :-)

any work arounds? does it at least show up as a light switch with no color control?

Otherwise, guess I can invoke as a scene and turn on/off that way?

any other creative ideas appreciated.

Comment

Any ETA as to when RGB will be supported? I have a Fibraro RGBW device. I am currently controlling it with scenes but would love to add the color wheel like I used to do via my Vera.

Comment

I'm working on RGB light support.
          I don't have any Fibaro RGB light to test with so I would need someone to send me screenshots of how one of these light is represented in HomeSeer. One screenshot of the HS devices, and one screenshot of the "Status Graphics" tab for each of the device.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello spud

Trying to upload but it's bot working , how can I email them?

there are 5 switch multilevel , I uploaded screenshot of 1 only , but they are all the same

Thanks
            Rami

Comment

Awesome spud,

One thing to note is that HS creates a ton of devices, but only a few are needed likely in imperihome. The way it was exposed in Vera was a color wheel you could drag you finger around, a dimmer and I think on/off.

Ill try to send you a pic of the device screen on HS and a IH shot if I still have one.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                Awesome spud,

One thing to note is that HS creates a ton of devices, but only a few are needed likely in imperihome. The way it was exposed in Vera was a color wheel you could drag you finger around, a dimmer and I think on/off.

Ill try to send you a pic of the device screen on HS and a IH shot if I still have one.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
                Couple of screen shots that may help. the second one is if you want to pick "custom color".
                Attached Files

Comment

only IH shot i could find.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Spud, did this help at all?

Comment

I'm on vacation until next tuesday. I will have a look at this when I'm back.
                      Sorry for the delay.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.21 of the plugin (available in the Beta section of the updater) I have added support for RGB lights.

There is a new "RGB Lights" tab in the Config page, from which you can add your RGB lights.
                        In order to support as many RGB lights type as possible you have to choose the color model used (RGB, HSL, HSV) and then map devices accordingly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rgblight.png
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1191697

My tests have been very limited so far, so please provide feedback and post trace logs if you have any problems. Thanks

Comment

Thanks Spud. Out of town till Sunday - will try immediately when i get back.

i did install remotely... will take some trial and error on mapping devices, since (at least the Fibaro) creates so many children :-)

Comment

Spud,

I'm using the "Milight" and my plugin creates 3 devices per unit

Color: 1-255
                            Control: Off, white, color or rotating disco
                            Dimming: 0 (off) 1-99 (dim) 100 (on)

I also have them on a separate on/off switch to kill power to the unit. (that maybe a separate deal or dealt with on some event later)

But RGB doesn't fit me
                            what does HSL and HSV do? Which is right for me?

Thanks,
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              Spud,

I'm using the "Milight" and my plugin creates 3 devices per unit

Color: 1-255
                              Control: Off, white, color or rotating disco
                              Dimming: 0 (off) 1-99 (dim) 100 (on)

I also have them on a separate on/off switch to kill power to the unit. (that maybe a separate deal or dealt with on some event later)

But RGB doesn't fit me
                              what does HSL and HSV do? Which is right for me?

Thanks,
                              HSL and HSV are the two most common cylindrical-coordinate representations of points in an RGB color model.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV

Right now none is right for you because Milight does not use any standard color model. To add it to the plugin I would need a table mapping the MiLight 1-255 color values to another color system, but I can't find that.

Comment

Working...
                              X