Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Camera functionality

Hi spud,

I've just started with some nest products. I have a camera on the driveway and wondered if it was possible to get camera motion triggers from the zones I have created? I'm getting too many as it triggers on ANY movement (cars passing etc).
    Second, is there a way to get a snapshot out of the camera either with this plugin or via a snapshot URL?

Cheers

J

Those features have recently been added to the API, so I'm going to add them to the plugin soon.

Comment

That would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

I've got another two cameras now, any progress with the camera snapshot functionality?? I've got the nest cloud storage on my first camera but can't justify it on the new two. I know you're probably busy, any help much appreciated. I've got nest protects too. Shame you can't get at their motion sensor as they're pretty good.

Cheers

J

Comment

sorry for the delay, I will try to implement the snapshot feature this week.

Comment

Fantastic news. If there is any way to get the motion triggers to be zone specific, that really would open up this plugin. [emoji1360]

Cheers

J

Comment

in version 3.0.0.27 of the plug-in I have added the possibility to filter on a specific zone for motion trigger. I have also added the "person" type in addition to motion and sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	camerazones.png
Views:	2
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1190947

This version is available in the beta section of the updater.
              These features require some new permissions, so you will have to log into your home.nest.com account, open the new message you should have received and allow the HomeSeer Nest plug-in to get this new permissions.

I have also started to work on the snapshot feature, but I don't have a real Nest camera to test with, so would you accept to give me access your Nest camera so that I can test? If so please send me your Nest.ini at spud.webb.4@gmail.com. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                in version 3.0.0.27 of the plug-in I have added the possibility to filter on a specific zone for motion trigger. I have also added the "person" type in addition to motion and sound.

[ATTACH]61301[/ATTACH]

This version is available in the beta section of the updater.

These features require some new permissions, so you will have to log into your home.nest.com account, open the new message you should have received and allow the HomeSeer Nest plug-in to get this new permissions.

I have also started to work on the snapshot feature, but I don't have a real Nest camera to test with, so would you accept to give me access your Nest camera so that I can test? If so please send me your Nest.ini at spud.webb.4@gmail.com. Thanks

I emailed you last night. Let me know if you got it?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                  I emailed you last night. Let me know if you got it?
                  got it, thanks!
                  working on it right now.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.28 (in the beta section of the updater) I have added a "Last Snapshot" device with a button to take a snapshot.
                    snapshots are stored as jpeg files in your HS3 directory in html\images\Nest\snapshots\<camera name>
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1190953

Skinnez, thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      in version 3.0.0.28 (in the beta section of the updater) I have added a "Last Snapshot" device with a button to take a snapshot.

snapshots are stored as jpeg files in your HS3 directory in html\images\Nest\snapshots\<camera name>

[ATTACH]61325[/ATTACH]

Skinnez, thank you for your help!

Not a problem at all!! Seems to be all working Ok, I'll mess around with it and let you know if I find anything. Shame about the snapshot limits, still should do for what I need though. These should make good motion sensors now too. Thanks again

Cheers

J

Comment

Working...
                      X