Wink Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wink Relay

I decided to pull the Relay out of the drawer and mess around some more. I now have it working two way from HS3 with the status sent back to HS3 when controlled locally at the switch. I used Stringify for connecting to the Wink Relay and it is lightning fast both ways. Stringify lets you use the motion detector, temp sensor and both switches as triggers so that is a bonus and very usable as a triggers back to HS3. HSTouch runs perfectly on this little guy and it never loses connection. Its not a huge screen but it looks nice and clean.
    What I learned today is is that you don't need a Wink Hub to use these only a Wink account linked to Stringify, apparently these guys are Hubs also, makes me wonder if I can use the Bluetooth devices with it too, next test.
    For $69 bucks I think these are pretty nice in the right place, high WAF also. Gonna make a little video and post it later today.

John

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
    I decided to pull the Relay out of the drawer and mess around some more. I now have it working two way from HS3 with the status sent back to HS3 when controlled locally at the switch. I used Stringify for connecting to the Wink Relay and it is lightning fast both ways. Stringify lets you use the motion detector, temp sensor and both switches as triggers so that is a bonus and very usable as a triggers back to HS3. HSTouch runs perfectly on this little guy and it never loses connection. Its not a huge screen but it looks nice and clean.
    What I learned today is is that you don't need a Wink Hub to use these only a Wink account linked to Stringify, apparently these guys are Hubs also, makes me wonder if I can use the Bluetooth devices with it too, next test.
    For $69 bucks I think these are pretty nice in the right place, high WAF also. Gonna make a little video and post it later today.

John
    video would be good... how about pictures?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I made a quick project in Designer and then videoed it, kinda simple. I will post more info on what I did to get here.
      The pop up messages are from HS3 to the client after Stringify sends a notice that the switch was changed locally. Its only there to show how long the trip takes to get from the Relay to Stringify and back to HS3 to update the status.

John
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQh-whCUzko

Comment

I've got one of these laying around and might try this. I do have some questions -

Are you running the wink app and HSTouch on the wink relay? I thought the app would update and kill HSTouch. I'm assuming you had to create a wink account to tie these together?

Maybe some simple steps of how you got this running would be helpful. I've got HSTouch loaded on it but have disabled the wink app at the moment. This keeps the buttons and sensors from working, however.

Comment

So I took the plunge an created my Wink account, which updated my relay. If I have to I can always factory reset. Now I can update stringify from the Wink Hub, how are you sending status/data back to Homeseer?

Comment

I use Stringify to control the switches from HS3 by sending a webhook to Stringify that is supplied when you use their Maker function as a trigger for a flow, then the Wink Relay is the action which turns the switch on or off, one flow for each action. I also have two flows that send the status back to HS3 if the switches are changed locally at the Relay, they use the Wink Relay as the trigger when the switch reports it changed and the Maker function to send a JSON command back to HS3 to run an event to update the virtual light in HS3. So I have 4 flows for each switch, top and bottom, it seems to work fine and is really fast controlling the switches from HS3.
            Let me know if this makes sense, I still need to make a script to combine the virtual light in HS3 with the event I use to change the lights, simple but I haven't done that yet.

John

Comment

Sounds reasonable. For the Connect Maker action in Stringify, which choice do you use to send the JSON? There are 3 http methods, GET, POST, PUT

I'm stuck at just testing. I can control the Wink Relay load through the Stringify app, so I know Stringify and Wink are connected, but I can't get a test flow triggered by the Wink Relay to trigger a notification. Seems dead simple but nothing happens.

Comment

I was able to get a flow to work by changing the trigger from the Wink Relay "top button pressed" to the "top switch turned on" trigger. Not sure why the button press didn't work.

Haven't tried configuring JSON back, was waiting on more details from you if you can provide them. Should be pretty straightforward to setup.

My final plan would be to have MQTT software on the Wink Relay that talks to Homeseer directly. I've got the MQTT plugin installed, but got hung up compiling the MQTT android software. I'll eventually get it done.

Comment

This is how I have HS3 operate the switch from my system to Stringify and back to switch. I use the connect maker in Stingify as the trigger using an http post from HS3 to Stringify, after you drag to connect maker "thing" into your flow and configure it then it gives you an address that is specific to that flow.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now in HS3 I use a simple event to fire an immediate script to Stringify to run that Flow which in this case turns the top load off. The formatting is like this:
                    &hs.GetURL("https://webhooks.stringify.com","/v1/events/fEKBTcS1iCb3F99yGsNpV9svvetMzGwG/1/9de8b385862391f44f018b19efc040ed/DOxxBjol0dVzUJIg3MiW",FALSE,80)

notice after .com and the end.

So 4 Flows and 4 Events to control the switches from HS3. From Stringify back to HS3 for the status is really just the reverse, I'll post that also.

John
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by lj502; August 4, 2017, 12:33 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

For status back to HS3 I use the Wink Relay as the trigger and the maker connect as the action, so a switch is changed locally with the button or from some other app HS3 will get updated. Just create an event to change the status of whatever you use to represent the Wink Relay switches in HS3.
                      Attached Files

Comment

In the configuration for the maker connect action I send an HTTP GET back to my HS3 server to run an event. I can access my server through my router so I send it straight there, I believe you can also use MyHS.. also though. This is what I send to run the event "Entryoff" in the group "Test"

http : //user: password@yourHS3ip: port/JSON?request=runevent&group=Test&name=Entryoff

John
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
                          In the configuration for the maker connect action I send an HTTP GET back to my HS3 server to run an event. I can access my server through my router so I send it straight there, I believe you can also use MyHS.. also though. This is what I send to run the event "Entryoff" in the group "Test"

http : //user: password@yourHS3ip: port/JSON?request=runevent&group=Test&name=Entryoff

John
                          Great, thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll set it up tomorrow and report back.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Comment

A day late, but I got the basic screen setup and the unit installed and working. Part of the delay was being rusty in HSTouch configuration and graphics. I spent a lot of time documenting what I was creating. I'll create a video as well and post a link.

I may buy more of these things, they are fairly easy to deal with and install.

Comment

Here's a link to the screens I created for the Wink Relay running HSTouch. I like this unit enough that I bought a second one for the Master Bath.

Layout isn't quite complete, but functional enough for my Wife to use it.

https://youtu.be/UPM9JZ0oZVM

Comment

Working...
                              X