No announcement yet.

Pentair Easytouch interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should take no longer than a couple of days to get a plugin in the updater or the store, just send an email to tyler, he handles it.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      It should take no longer than a couple of days to get a plugin in the updater or the store, just send an email to tyler, he handles it.
      I sent a email again last week to a few people to get this added. They did get my iPhone plugin added. Hopefully in the next week ?

I have everything ready and hosted on my website. I just need them to added the updater line and give me a product code.

Jason

Comment

It is in the updater now.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes it is in the updater now and all of the links are working.

Comment

FYI, I have released a HS3 plug-in for Pentair Intellitouch / Easytouch systems using the Autelis interface

You can download it from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171996

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	1175758

Comment

RSEasyTouch not fully working

I have installed the rsEasyTouch plug-in and connected via iTach Serial - RS232/RS485 converter/VSPE. The plug-in returns 'Connected' and when I turn on the filter manually, the RPM of the filter pump changes from 0 to 2200, as it should. So, I know the communication is working, but nothing else seems to work. No temperatures and none of the On/Off switches do anything.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jon.

I'm not 100% sure what pool equipment I have, but it looks like the first 3 images at the site below. I even have the EasyTouch remote in pic 3; I took the serial cables off the remote's transmitter and they're what I'm using to plug into my itach.

http://www.swimming-pool-information...-controls.html

Comment

I have the Easytouch wireless interface along with Screentouch on my PC and iPhone apps. Homeseer control would be a great addition, but since I already have IP connectivity (the wireless is proprietary wireless from Easytouch to a network interface which then give easytouch an IP address), would this solution work? Or, is it only for RS485?

If it is only RS485 now, do you have any plans to add IP connectivity?

Marc

Comment

I'm with you, when we had the pool built I got "sold" on the ScreenLogic interface that works with their ScreenLogic Connect windows app and the iOS app. But I'd really like to:
                  - Add control to HS3
                  - Get back into designing a nice iDevice set of screens for HS3 including at-a-glance pool/spa info and quick buttons like pool/spa mode etc.

So can the existing PI be modified to hit the interface over my LAN? Is there another option?

Comment

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'm the worse procrastinator and am just getting around to hooking this up and wanted to clarify before I plug everything in to make sure I have it right. I'm using the GearMo 485/USB adapter suggested earlier in the thread. There is also a note to jump the transmit to receive on this adapter. So my question is on the Pentair controller, I assume I am wiring to the D+ and D- on the com port, correct? And those wires go to to Tx+ and Tx- on the adapter, with a jumper over to the Rx- and Rx+. Is this correct? Just wanted a gut check before I plug it in and short something out.

Also, does this integration automatically create the devices?

Comment

Disregard the question about creating devices. installed the integration and saw it did create everything.

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by dhayner View Post
                        I'm with you, when we had the pool built I got "sold" on the ScreenLogic interface that works with their ScreenLogic Connect windows app and the iOS app. But I'd really like to:
                        - Add control to HS3
                        - Get back into designing a nice iDevice set of screens for HS3 including at-a-glance pool/spa info and quick buttons like pool/spa mode etc.

So can the existing PI be modified to hit the interface over my LAN? Is there another option?
                        BUMP - Will this plug-in connect to the Pentair ScreenLogic2 Network Protocol Adapter? As does the Pentair iOS app, connecting either remotely to their cloud or directly to the IP address on my local network. Thanks /k
                        Last edited by keith.roberts66; December 31, 2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Very old thread but I'm also looking to connect HS4 to my Pentair Easytouch through the Screenlogic interface. Any updated info?

Comment

MaimiJerry did the inegration of Intellicenter and EasyTouch via poolController and mcsMQTT. poolController Homeseer interface with mcsMQTT - HomeSeer Message Board Dont know if this is the method you are referring to for Screenlogic.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              MaimiJerry did the inegration of Intellicenter and EasyTouch via poolController and mcsMQTT. poolController Homeseer interface with mcsMQTT - HomeSeer Message Board Dont know if this is the method you are referring to for Screenlogic.
                              I was hoping to avoid the necessity of an additional layer of hardware and MQTT, at least for now. The instructions for setting it up as described in the posts made my head hurt. I'd wind up with HS, Pi, MQTT, RS485 converter, and the Screenlogic interface. All of that, while wonderfully crafted, is just too much for me to handle if something stops working. I really need something KISS.

Comment

I am not knowledgeable with the interfaces available for Pentair hardware. What are you using as the physical interface between Screenlogic and Pentair?

I assume you want to keep the HS component of the complexity otherwise you would not be posting for a solution for HS integration. The need for poolController software running on Pi is understandable that a layer of complexity has been added. At each layer, there is also a diagnostic capability. For some they want to be able to diagnose what is not working and fix that part. For other they just want to replace everything when it is not working and don't care what part has broken.

It is also possible to integrate poolController using HTTP rather than MQTT protocol on the network. When MiamiJerry and I were doing the integration we did both approaches. MQTT has advantages related to responsiveness and self-diagnostics so that is the final choice that we made. Since mcsMQTT has its own MQTT server there is not additional dependency when using MQTT vs. HTTP.

It is much like those that do not want to use DNS and always use a physical IP address rather than a domain name because complexity is added when needing to depend upon a DNS server to do the translation. The corollary is that with complexity comes capability. There is never a right answer as it is a continuum between the two extremes. Whatever one is comfortable with is the right solution for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X