This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group name keeps changing

The Insteon Plugin Groups are working great, but the location portion of the "Group Name" changes unexpectedly. Can you take a look at the plugin group questions below?

-When creating a group I wish to leave "Group Location" empty, but the plugin keeps generating a value for location. For Alexa I do not want the group to be called "[Location] Shutdown house" (See image). The work around is to manually set "Room" to blank in the HS3 main view. Note the room keeps re-appearing when I mess with the groups (i.e. Add/Edit group).

-When I try giving a custom "Group Location" (i.e. House) it eventually ends up returning to the name "Group 1 Location" (See image).

-Also the plugin groups are a little more like scenes as all the devices in the group have a fixed programmed setting (i.e. OFF or ON). Does groups or alternative provide a way to say put 2 lamps together in a group (i.e. reading lamps). Then say "reading lamps" on or off to turn the group on or off?

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Insteon plugin v3.0.6.0.32
    Last edited by aidesigner; April 9, 2018, 07:51 AM.

found the issue. i was building a default value if no location value exists. i'll remove it and see if anyone else cares.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i posted 3.0.6.33 in the beta section of the Updater. it should resolve the group location issue
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
      X