Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 - Real Time Device Monitoring from node.js - HomeKit Plugin Mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jvm View Post

But let me know - when you got the unresponsive "updating" message, did homebridge eventually recover, or did you have to reboot? Are there any error message displayed on your homebridge computer?

I am using homebridge on my Hs3 computer.
    when th message display sometimes it recover after a delay.. but can't really be more specific about theses delays.

But when this happened at the begining... ( before the Lutron fix...so it is not related to that...i did restart the homebridge on my pc... and then my phone was not able to detect homebridge at all when i tried to readd it as a ''hub''...I had to change the mac adress of homebridge and the port to make homebridge dicovered again by my phone or ipad. This is why i thought it was a communication issus related to the firewall or router..

Some additional things for you to check:

Suggestions:
    1. Make sure all of your Apple TVs and iPads have the latest version OS (11.2.6). If not, updated them. HomeKit can switch which Apple TV or iPad is used for remote access, so all of them should have an up-to-date OS. If you have both Apple TVs and iPads which can work as home hubs, I suggest disabling the iPad hub feature and just using the Apple TV's. This guide explains how to enable the hub function in the iPad, but you should be able to figure out how to disable it from this too: https://www.imore.com/homekit-home-hub

yes all my apple stuff have 11.2.6. I tried with my phone and ipad . same thing

2. Look at the Windows 10 Installation guide I have on the plugin's Wiki to see that you have homebridge properly installed (though if it works at all, you probably did install it correctly).

i presume too .

3. Check your 'node' version. I recommend version 8.6 or later. i just cheked i have 8.9.4 version

4. Check your homeseer version. I'm using the latest beta (3.0.0.423) which you can download from the link at the end of this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241 . The beta seems quite stable, but be sure to backup HomeSeer before updating to the beta.
    423 installed since a week

5. Check your Z-Wave and other plugins and be sure to update those too.

all are updated

6. Try disabling / removing any 'extra' plugins like ImperiHome to make sure there isn't a conflict / problem between plugins.

Will try that. and will get to you after. Thanks for this suggestion... i also enable the a homebridge port on my firewall just in case..

Good luck. Let me know if any of this helps!
    Just to let you know that i think you should publich the last version i tried with the ''on value manipulable fix''.
    Appart of my connection issues it works fantastic!

Comment

I'm trying to add Thermostat support and then I'll publish the new version. Probably Saturday or Sunday. Just watch for a npm version of 2.3.4 or greater and once you see that, you can switch back to the "regular" version from the Development version, all you need to do is:

npm -g install homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018

Comment

I'm trying to add Thermostat support and then I'll publish the new version. Probably Saturday or Sunday. Just watch for a npm version of 2.3.4 or greater and once you see that, you can switch back to the "regular" version from the Development version, all you need to do is:

npm -g install homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018
        ok thanks jim

Comment

Concerning my problem. Turning off homebridge and launching it agin seem to fix it for x minutes.

plan mode on/ off on my cell phone change nothing

Comment

My homebridge plugin is now working with instant update and is available from npm as the package homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018
            Hi. I just started using your plugin! Thanks! Let me know if there is a more preferred forum or site for posting questions about this plugin. I got the plug-in working, and looks like the status updates are getting sent to the plug-in just fine (when I turn on or off a light from the switch itself, I see its status is updated in my iOS Home app immediately).

Given that the status is updated immediately, I don't think I need polling to be done every 60 seconds. So, I changed added the "poll" parameter to my config.json:

"ASCIIport":11000,
            "poll":120,

"accessories":

I tried 3600 (1 hour) and also 120 for "poll". However, the plugin doesn't seem to honor the "poll" value in config.json. When I restart homebridge, I get the following output:

Apr 21 10:04:16 homebridge homebridge[1590]: [2018-4-21 10:04:16] [HomeSeer] Successfully connected to ASCII Control Interface of HomeSeer. Instant Status Enabled.
            Apr 21 10:04:16 homebridge homebridge[1590]: [2018-4-21 10:04:16] [HomeSeer] Reducing HomeSeer polling rate to: 60 seconds.
            Apr 21 10:05:16 homebridge homebridge[1590]: [2018-4-21 10:05:16] [HomeSeer] Poll # 1: Retrieved values for 1 HomeSeer devices.
            Apr 21 10:06:16 homebridge homebridge[1590]: [2018-4-21 10:06:16] [HomeSeer] Poll # 2: Retrieved values for 1 HomeSeer devices.
            Apr 21 10:07:16 homebridge homebridge[1590]: [2018-4-21 10:07:16] [HomeSeer] Poll # 3: Retrieved values for 1 HomeSeer devices.
            Apr 21 10:08:16 homebridge homebridge[1590]: [2018-4-21 10:08:16] [HomeSeer] Poll # 4: Retrieved values for 1 HomeSeer devices.

So, it always uses the default of 60 seconds, regardless of what I specify for the poll value in config.json.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

In therory, if i use this https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-alexa , and the homebridge plugin... I can totally bypass myhs ( for voice control by Alexa) ? Does this sounds right? ...half the cloud.

Amazon cloud—-> homebridge—-> hs3

i just want to test it for fun... and we'll see
              Last edited by ; August 23, 2018, 03:00 AM.

Comment

i tought the alexa homebridge plugin was using a local connection to hombridge.... So that would surely not be the best option is it use a sort of cloud

the solution work, i just tested it / i also emailed the author to know if this is cloud based or not
                Last edited by ; August 23, 2018, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1243100 scap that !

Comment

What would be nice is to be able to export the nodes from homebridge ( not homekit : there is already a package for that that permit to have local control over homkitbased product! see here : https://www.npmjs.com/package/mqtt2homekit ).... to mqtt and/or node-red to be anble to control get the status directly in mqtt or node-red !

Comment

I'm not aware of any practical way to do that.

Comment

I really want to use this plugin because the other homebridge plugin I’m using messes up my dimmer switches. When I dim a light it always turns it on first than dims to set level. This causes my lights to uncontrollable flash and requires a homeseer reboot.

my problem is I’m not very good with json config which I notice is different with this plugin than other plugin. For the other homebridge plugin I was able to find a user who made a windows app that created a json config for my homeseer devices. Is this at all possible??

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
                          I really want to use this plugin because the other homebridge plugin I’m using messes up my dimmer switches. When I dim a light it always turns it on first than dims to set level. This causes my lights to uncontrollable flash and requires a homeseer reboot.

my problem is I’m not very good with json config which I notice is different with this plugin than other plugin. For the other homebridge plugin I was able to find a user who made a windows app that created a json config for my homeseer devices. Is this at all possible??
                          Sorry, there is no app to create the config.json file. But I have designed the app. to allow easier setup of the config.json file (at least 'easier' compared to the 'older' plugin that was out there).

For the config.json file, you mention you aren't good at creating the config file. To help you out, I've added a new sample file config.lights.json which shows a very simple file for lightbulbs only.
                          See

https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridg.../master/config
                          for the sample file.

Start with that file and delete the first 8 lines of comments (comments are not allowed in a config.json file) and save the edited file as your config.json

As you will see, there is only a single device configuration line ("lightbulbs") you need to edit in which you simply list the device reference #s of all of your Z-Wave dimmers and light switches. You may also need to update the "host" line if you have homebridge on a different host than HomeSeer.

When you are done editing your config.json file, use the web site: https://jsonlint.com/ to test that it is correctly formatted .json. Just cut/paste in your text and click on the "validate" button.

Once you get all your lights working, then look at the other config.json samples and you can add in an "accessories" section for other device types. Note that you should always check the file using
                          the web site:

https://jsonlint.com/ before you deploy it to homebridge.
                          Oh, and be sure you check the Wiki section:
                          https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/wiki
                          for further guidance -- particularly for turning on the ASCII interface of HomeSeer!

Comment

Thank you! Does your plugin allow for garage door devices and door locks?

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
                              Thank you! Does your plugin allow for garage door devices and door locks?
                              Yes. See Plugin's Wiki section for information on supported device types:
                              https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/wiki

Comment

Ok great. I think I read somewhere in past you needed both your plugin and than the old plugin for garage door and door locks. So you are saying your plugin does it all now?

Comment

Working...
                                X