Aoen Labs Home Energy Monitor Support in HS3 - working in version 165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoopie !

Well I did a complete new install of HS3 .149 and zwave beta .187 this am !

The aeon labs energy meter works now .

I have kwh 1 and 2 and watts 1 and 2 and total power and the graphs are updating as well.

Took out the batteries before deleting and then adding the aeon device and it found everything so far !

I'm sure now the batteries were messing it up.

Thanks guys for all the help (and especially Brundog for the unit he donated to me).

Off to the dentist now to get my wallet extracted.....

Thanks

Quit working after 2 days - will wait for a better release !
    Last edited by nsisman; January 23, 2015, 06:45 AM.
    Neil
    Newmarket Ontario

Comment

This is what I am getting

Latest HS3 release and latest Z-Wave Beta. Should power be the sum of the reported watts?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
        Latest HS3 release and latest Z-Wave Beta. Should power be the sum of the reported watts?

Good question.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

how do you go about updating the firmware?

Comment

From Aeotek guy : 3.64 was latest version but wouldn't update for me. Mine was 3.60

I gave up.................

Hi Neil,

1) To see what you have now, you will need to look at the device information for the nodes in your Z-Wave Controller Interface. This is the only current way to view it.

2) Plug your HEM into your Windows PC, then run the executable (EXE file) and follow the instructions on the popup.

Let me know if you have any further questions, there is another version of the HEM if this does not work for you.
            Neil
            Newmarket Ontario

Comment

I managed to update the firmware without issue, it seems the only notable change is that it is much more responsive when changing settings, etc. After adding the device and rescanning it reports real-time watts and overall KWH usage but the power field doesn't update. Also for some odd reason it shows batteries at 100% though there are no batteries. Here is my log output after the rescan:

Jan-23 11:00:54 AM Z-Wave 8 out of 8 Child devices of node 11 were created successfully.
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Power 3 Set to 1832.04 (W)
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Power 3 Set to -0.12 (W)
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter Instance 3 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter Instance 3 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of METER_V2, Endpoint 3
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Power 3 Set to 1320 (W)
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, Endpoint 3
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter Instance 2 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter Instance 2 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of METER_V2, Endpoint 2
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Warning Node 11, EndPoint=2 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
              Jan-23 11:00:52 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Power 3 Set to 526.2 (W)
              Jan-23 11:00:51 AM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, Endpoint 2
              Jan-23 11:00:51 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter Instance 1 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT
              Jan-23 11:00:51 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Meter Instance 1 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED
              Jan-23 11:00:51 AM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of METER_V2, Endpoint 1
              Jan-23 11:00:51 AM Z-Wave Warning Node 11, EndPoint=1 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
              Jan-23 11:00:51 AM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, Endpoint 1
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave All associations for node 11 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave Node 11 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 1
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 11
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave Node 11 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 2.78 App: 3.64
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave Node: 11 Supports Class(es): CONFIGURATION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2, METER_V2, BATTERY, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
              Jan-23 11:00:50 AM Z-Wave Found 2 Z-Wave nodes

Another point of note, it adds a log entry every time it reads the power is this something that can be changed.

Lastly aside from running a script to update a virtual device with the cumulative current power usage how do I do anything with the data? Is it just useful in hstouch or is there something else that can read the database and output graphs?

Comment

Another point of note, it adds a log entry every time it reads the power is this something that can be changed.
                Do not log commands from this device:
                Attached Files

Comment

Well that was easy how about the other stuff?

Comment

Batteries that aren't there? I dunno. Can't help with that one. As for what to do with the data: What do you want to do with it? Is the HS energy page not good?

Comment

I haven't delved into the energy page on HSTouch yet, is there a web gui for it?

Comment

oh ok discard I just found it

Comment

I haven't delved into the energy page on HSTouch yet, is there a web gui for it?

See attached:
                          Attached Files

Comment

So I am now seeing exactly how much electricity the baseboard heaters burn..more motivation to put in central air!

Comment

Lastly aside from running a script to update a virtual device with the cumulative current power usage how do I do anything with the data? Is it just useful in hstouch or is there something else that can read the database and output graphs?
                              I do this with mine...

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=15

Comment

Yeah that looks really good! I'm trying to figure out how to generate graphs that can be displayed on my tablets. Running android and windows, I was thinking just an image that is pulled and refreshed periodically.

Comment

Working...
                                X