Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This device needs to die

I'm talking about this one:

1. It does not provide any useful information.

2. It reappears (even if others exists) with the wrong Floor and Room. Like this:

Last week I had 6 or 7 devices like this.

There's something called "credit when credit is due", but come on...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

So did the devices credited serve an adjuvant (mix of terminology) automation purpose or are they just nice to look at Magnus?

Has an automation poltergiest (IC-apparition) taken over your automation databases?

Do you do as the computer tells you what to do or do you tell the computer what to do?

Last week updated one plugin. It recreated every device variable (> 100 credits).

The new variables showed accurate statuses; the old variables did not.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Very philosophical, Pete.

I tell the computer what do do when it is my place to tell it what to do. In this case, it does what Toby tells it what to do....
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yeah; here disabled the plugin, deleted all of the variables (extra credits) / events associated with it, enabled the plugin and let it recreate all of the device variables and I manually re-entered the events.

It was a PITA to do and unexpected (well expected unexpected expected then unexpected).

We should have some sort of Homeseer documentation notes about this.

Years ago while in school we had a set of notes (technical documentation) that was very popular called "no fahkin sabee notes" later shortened to "fahkin sabee notes" (don't know who came up with this name though).

For a while these notes were said to be a rumor; but if you had them in your possession and understood them; that was all you needed. (so there was a search the notes for a bit; similar to one of Jason and the Argonauts looking for the Golden Fleece). I did find the notes. The paper at the time (with typed and hand written adds) wasn't even watermarked and kept by a select few (old wise men - elders). You couldn't tell though what the notes were for though until you read them.
        Last edited by Pete; February 10, 2015, 12:06 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          I'm talking about this one:

1. It does not provide any useful information.

2. It reappears (even if others exists) with the wrong Floor and Room. Like this:

Last week I had 6 or 7 devices like this.

There's something called "credit when credit is due", but come on...
          looks like the change of room/floor has some effect here - I will look at this and change it.

according to the terms of use of Yr.no weather data this exact line and link needs to be present.
          (although only once - I will have a look at this and release a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
            looks like the change of room/floor has some effect here - I will look at this and change it.

according to the terms of use of Yr.no weather data this exact line and link needs to be present.
            (although only once - I will have a look at this and release a fix.

Hmmm... I was a bit too quick in my response here. I'm not able to reproduce this error. Are there any specific action that is done to trigger this?

Looking at the code it should only create a new device if HS3 db does not return a device, owned by the plugin with the PED object named Credit.

What version of HS3 are you using?

Comment

It's been like this with all versions of HS3 I've used while using the plugin. The latest is .152. As far as I know there's nothing that I do to make this happen. It seems very weird that a non-changing system should give this behaviour, but here we are...

Yes, I know YRs terms of service requires you to have that link present, but it does not specify WHERE (or to be more specific, that it need to be present in an actual device in HomeSeer).

Can't you just get rid of the device, and put the link on the Config and Status pages. You could even make it a menu item in the plugin menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                Yes, I know YRs terms of service requires you to have that link present, but it does not specify WHERE (or to be more specific, that it need to be present in an actual device in HomeSeer).
                It specifies that it needs to be present clearly in relation to the weather forecast.

in any case, please try the latest version available in the updater to see if this solves anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                  It specifies that it needs to be present clearly in relation to the weather forecast.
                  So... on the Weather Status page it is, then.

Devices can be hidden and deleted (I guess that's why it keeps reappearing), and I can choose not to show it at all in my own custom pages and HStouch. And in any case, I would assume that most users using this plugin would know that the data from a plugin named "YR Weather" does come from yr.no.

No update found yet, but I'll keep checking. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X