X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leviton Wall Dimmer switch status not working

Hi!

I have two of these Leviton DZ6HD in-wall dimmer switches. Love them and like the fact that they sell on the shelf at my local Home Depot (I think the HD in the part number is for Home Depot).

Anyway the status doesn't work. If I manually control the switch from the HS3 device page, the status updates. But when controlling the lights from the paddle and/or dimmer HS3 never gets the new status (dimmed or on/off).

I've tried optimize and rescans but they don't seem to help. Attached are some screenshots of the device. I have tried changing the polling interval but that doesn't help.

Here's the specific device and info:
    http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1910
    Attached Files

Have you checked under Associations on the Z-Wave tab to make sure HomeSeer is associated on Group 1?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes, I did check that too

I was comparing it to another dimmer of a different brand that does work.

Here's what the Leviton dimmer looks like:
      Attached Files

Comment

Ping?

If nobody has an answer for this does anyone know how devices send status updates to HS3? Maybe there's a parameter or variable mismatch that is an easy fix.

I have two of these to start and I'm guessing that there will be more and more folks using them as they are sold off the shelf in Home Depot.

Comment

Never mind - fixed it

In an act reminding me of MS Windows, I deleted the devices and did factory resets on the switches (hold top paddle for 15 seconds) and re-added them. This time something different must have happened because now the status gets reported back to HS3 as expected and it just works now.

Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
            In an act reminding me of MS Windows, I deleted the devices and did factory resets on the switches (hold top paddle for 15 seconds) and re-added them. This time something different must have happened because now the status gets reported back to HS3 as expected and it just works now.

Weird.
            Thanks for posting the resolution. Was thinking about picking some of these up, so good to know they are now working properly.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Nice to know these are compatible, I've got a half dozen vizia rf+ switches around my house, but people get confused with just a single button vs the 2 button up/down action of the HS switches in my house. Maybe I'll look at dumping my vizia switches.

Comment

stupid question... i understand that HD sells them but since your decora.. why wouldnt you go with homeseers switches? supposed to have a ton of features...

my wife doesnt like decora so im stuck with jasco toggles that also do not provide status thus i was told to poll them...
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Uh oh -- problem is back

Uh oh. Problem is back and the devices no longer report their status back to HomeSeer. Hmm. I'll look into options here. I really don't want to delete and re-add them as it messes up my events.

In regards to the HomeSeer dimmer question -- these were off the shelf ready to go from HD vs. buying online and waiting for shipment. I agree they're the same price and have more features but I actually like having the small separate dimmer bar to control dimming. I also have some of the GE models where you hold to dim or hold to brighten, but the separate bar is nice because you can tap up or down a couple, three times, etc. to change the dim level. That's pretty convenient.

With the others a tap or two will turn it off or trigger something else, not dim (from what I understand of it's operation).

I do like the idea that double and triple tapping can trigger events so I'll still try to use the HS models somewhere in the house.

Now on to fixing these switch status issues...

Comment

Try doing full optimizations on non-battery powered devices around it, and then a full optimize on the Leviton switch.

Comment

Thank you, all set again

Thanks for the info, I was able to get things working again by fumbling around with optimizing the devices themselves.

However, as a more general note, does anyone recommend doing the "Fully Optimize a Network" option in the pull-down for the Z-wave interface?

I'm willing to give it a go if it should help and I can simply run it in the middle of the night if it's going to take a while.

But I don't want to run it if it might introduce new problems.

Comment

Here's my installation of the two

Someone had asked to see a photo of them installed; here they are.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Actually, they look really nice with an intuitive dimming feature - might gain a higher WAF in my house.. . My wife doesn't like the HS dimmer. I think I need to slow down the dim rate locally and run an event to just turn it on - on my todo list for the weekend.

Robert
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

thanks for posting the pic, I haven't been able to determine what color the LED's were and it's nice to see them in a real install

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                              Thanks for the info, I was able to get things working again by fumbling around with optimizing the devices themselves.

However, as a more general note, does anyone recommend doing the "Fully Optimize a Network" option in the pull-down for the Z-wave interface?

I'm willing to give it a go if it should help and I can simply run it in the middle of the night if it's going to take a while.

But I don't want to run it if it might introduce new problems.
                              I don't recommend a full optimize on the whole network. Just manually optimize devices and those around them if you are having issues with reliable comms from and to them. HS used to recommend full-optimizations on the network, but a recent post from them indicated to just do selective optimizations.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X