GH doesn't understand devices with similar names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH doesn't understand devices with similar names

Previous when I used Vera and HA Bridge, I just give the device a nick name and never an issue.

IE:
    Living Room Table Lights
    Family Room Tables Lights

In HS I name them simply table lights and assign rooms. Then in Google Assistant, I assign the room and provide a nick name. I've tried both ways, adding the room names to the nickname as well as keep it just the device name of table lights.

If I say anything with table lights, both lights will be triggered.

Not one but any device I have with similar configuration have same results. How do you guys over come this? Or did you simply rename the device in HS?

The way I resolved it was to rename the device to "Table Light" With GH whenever you use plural, is will shut off multiple devices. I have a support issue open with Google on this , and was escalated to their Highest Tier" according to the original support rep I was dealing with. They recognize this issue as a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by mradonis View Post
      The way I resolved it was to rename the device to "Table Light" With GH whenever you use plural, is will shut off multiple devices. I have a support issue open with Google on this , and was escalated to their Highest Tier" according to the original support rep I was dealing with. They recognize this issue as a bug.
      The plural seems to work well and easy fix. Thx for the tip

Comment

Working...
      X