Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Fan Switch - LED Configuration Help?

Hi everyone -

I got HomeSeer up and running here recently, and more and more I'm blown away by the simplicity and amount of control available. As someone who dove in head-first to HomeAssistant and thought it was going to be the ticket, I'm ecstatic to have found and decided to dive in to HomeSeer.

With that said, one thing that I'm wondering if there is a possibility --

We have HomeSeer WD/WS-200 and companion switches basically everywhere, but since there is no HomeSeer fan control, we have 5 GE/Jasco fan controllers throughout the house as well. One thing I hate about these is that they have a blue LED on the front that is used for signaling a variety of things. I don't mind the blue LED, but I would like it to be set to where the LED is OFF when the fan is off, and the LED is only ON when the fan itself is on.

Is there a way to do this? I realize that since it's not a HomeSeer device it won't be as simple as changing the dropdown in the Z-wave menu...

I am assuming that there are custom configuration parameters that can be set to make this change, but I simply don't know where to look to find what those parameters are so that they can be changed/updated. If there is a source to find these things, it would be fantastic if someone could point me in that direction.

Thank you all!

You will want to look at any parameters available on the root device for this switch. If it's adjustable there will be a parameter to change the behavior.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by RebelT View Post

I don't mind the blue LED, but I would like it to be set to where the LED is OFF when the fan is off, and the LED is only ON when the fan itself is on.

Is there a way to do this? I realize that since it's not a HomeSeer device it won't be as simple as changing the dropdown in the Z-wave menu...

If you figure this out, please post the solution, since I have several of these switches and would like to do this, too. As Rupp wrote, there is an option on the Z-wave configuration tab to set a parameter, but I do not know what parameter to use.
      Thanks,
      Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        You will want to look at any parameters available on the root device for this switch. If it's adjustable there will be a parameter to change the behavior.

So, please forgive my ignorance here, but this is the part I am struggling with.

I have attached a screenshot of the entire "settings" section, and nothing at all shows as available to be edited, which I can't imagine is the reality.

Thank you again for your help!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
          If you figure this out, please post the solution, since I have several of these switches and would like to do this, too. As Rupp wrote, there is an option on the Z-wave configuration tab to set a parameter, but I do not know what parameter to use.
          Thanks,
          Elliott

So, I did some digging.

If you have these exact same switches, you can do the following:
          • Press the "ON" button three times
          • Press the "OFF" button one time

This will toggle the status of the LED light, and set it to "OFF" when the switch is "OFF" and "ON" when the switch is "ON".

This doesn't help with discovering the parameters available for the device itself, but it at least fixes our issue of having an annoying blue light!

Comment

In the section "Set Configuration Parameters," you can change "Parameter Number," "Value," and "Value Size." I don't have anything populating those fields. I'm not sure why you do already.
            Elliott
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by RebelT View Post
              So, I did some digging.

If you have these exact same switches, you can do the following:
              • Press the "ON" button three times
              • Press the "OFF" button one time

This will toggle the status of the LED light, and set it to "OFF" when the switch is "OFF" and "ON" when the switch is "ON".

This doesn't help with discovering the parameters available for the device itself, but it at least fixes our issue of having an annoying blue light!
              Thanks!
              Elliott

Comment

It would be nice to get a HomeSeer fan switch someday. But even nicer would be to get a dual use (single gang) fan/light combo Z-Wave Plus switch.

Any chance of something like that in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                  In the section "Set Configuration Parameters," you can change "Parameter Number," "Value," and "Value Size." I don't have anything populating those fields. I'm not sure why you do already.
                  Elliott

Hi Elliott -

At that point, I was tinkering with a few parameters based on information I had found in various locations. According to everything I could find, parameter three is the one that controls the LED, but no changes that I made to it seemed to have any effect. I was just still in that process when I took the screenshot.

Hopefully the workaround that I found will work for you. However, I am hoping that someone will enlighten me (us!) on how to pull and identify parameters available in non-Homeseer devices. I have to imagine there is a way to do it, I just can't seem to find it!

Comment

Working...
                  X