How can I edit the node list manually ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I edit the node list manually ?

I tried to add Oomi door sensors to my system, and while trying multiple exclude includes, its somehow created a phantom node (see pic). I cannot click on the zwave tab as there is no device. I think I have read on here that you can edit the node list manually, but I cannot find that post any more.
    How do I get rid of the node ?

Attached Files

I think the only way to manually edit the node list is to back up your interface, open the backup file in notepad, remove the node entry, and restore the file you just saved.

If it's the best way to solve this problem though, I don't know...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I found it.

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Are you running HS3 on a Windows PC? If so, try this first:
      1. From the Z-Wave controller mgmt page, select and run the "import" function from the Actions menu. This will create a HomeSeer device for the phantom node and put it on your Device Mgmt page
      2. Navigate to the Device Mgmt page, locate the new device, access the Z-wave tab and click the "Remove Bad Node" button. Wait for this to finish. You may get and "unsuccessful" message but that actually may be false.
      3. Go back to device list, find the phantom device again and delete it from the list.
      4. Now, run the "import" again. In many cases, the phantom node will actually have been removed from the interface and nothing new will import. If that's the case, you'd done! If not, try the next procedure

Do this if the procedure above didn't work
      1. Navigate to the Z-Wave controller mgmt page and select "Back Up the interface" from the Actions menu. Make note of the file name or create your own and finish this function. A back up file will be created on your hard drive. Open this file with NotePad and visually inspect it. it should control a row of numbers for each node in your network PLUS a row for each phantom node. If it doesn't, do the back up again.
      2. In NotePad, delete the row(s) for the phantom device(s) and SAVE this file. If you want to be very safe, you can save it to a new file with a different name... up to you.
      3. Navigate to controller mgmt again and choose "Restore a Network to this interface". This will (a) erase the interface completely and (b) write the node information from the edited back up file to the interface. Since the phantom nodes are removed from the file, they will not be written back to the interface.
      4. Restart HS3. Then from controller mgmt, choose the option to "Test node connectivity on a network" and let that run. You will likely notice a number of red entries in the log. This is normal because your routing table was erased in the 'restore' step. You have a couple options here. If most of your nodes can be reached, then just optimize a few of those nodes... the ones that are closest to the nodes that can't be reached. In many cases, that's all you need to do. Otherwise, you can perform a global optimize and just... well... have lunch or watch some TV, as this may take a bit of time.

Comment

You found what? How did you resolve this?

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          You found what? How did you resolve this?

Robert
          What I meant was I found the above post by searching the forum with different search terms. For me, on the node 71, I did a import, then optimize (which it couldnt as the node could not be reached) and then a remove node. That worked in this case. I have not tried the other method described by macromark

Comment

Working...
          X