Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3.exe keeps terminating every 2-3 days! - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3.exe keeps terminating every 2-3 days! - Solved!

That's a tough one. I'm sorry to say that I have no answer (other than to use Windows 7 or Linux! ) but am responding any way to say that I've never seen this on windows 7 or WHS 2011 (Server 2008 R2) and to keep this thread from sinking into obscurity. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I have been running HS on Windows 10 since its release and have never seen an issue like you are reporting. Are you seeing that the hs3.exe process just disappears and is no longer showing up in the task manager?

Does it happen at a certain time of day or completely random?

If you check the log from when it last was running anything common there between times it happens?

Also you don't mention what version of HS you are currently running and what other plugins you might have going. Also any other software running on the machine or maybe an antivirus that is too aggressive?

Jeff

Comment

Are there any errors in the windows event viewer?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did you maybe choose to "run as service" during the installation? This option is creating a task in the taskplanner. This task has an error, it is set to terminate if it runs longer than 3 days. I found this out for a friend this weekend.
          It is an error on the initial installation of HS3.

if you edit the task in taskplanner, untick the mark to stop this task if it is running for more then 3 days on the tab "settings" and you should be good to go.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            That's a tough one. I'm sorry to say that I have no answer (other than to use Windows 7 or Linux! ) but am responding any way to say that I've never seen this on windows 7 or WHS 2011 (Server 2008 R2) and to keep this thread from sinking into obscurity. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this.
            Thanks for answering Wim solution seems to be the correct one.

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
            I have been running HS on Windows 10 since its release and have never seen an issue like you are reporting. Are you seeing that the hs3.exe process just disappears and is no longer showing up in the task manager?

Does it happen at a certain time of day or completely random?

If you check the log from when it last was running anything common there between times it happens?

Also you don't mention what version of HS you are currently running and what other plugins you might have going. Also any other software running on the machine or maybe an antivirus that is too aggressive?

Jeff
            Thanks for answering HS3 Seems the Wim have the solution for me.

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Are there any errors in the windows event viewer?
            Thanks for answering No there is no error in event viewer. See Wim solution under.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Did you maybe choose to "run as service" during the installation? This option is creating a task in the taskplanner. This task has an error, it is set to terminate if it runs longer than 3 days. I found this out for a friend this weekend.
            It is an error on the initial installation of HS3.

if you edit the task in taskplanner, untick the mark to stop this task if it is running for more then 3 days on the tab "settings" and you should be good to go.

Wim
            And thank you Wim, you are right on the money. This has been so irritation you dont even know I followed your solution and will test Far as i can see your solution will fix my issue.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. I was beginning to think that my Windows 10 Pro/HS3Pro system was headed south. Every three days, boom.

Comment

Working...
              X