No announcement yet.

Cannot get Alexa to discover my devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that now there is only one Homeseer skill (the basic one). However, no matter what I try I can't get Alexa to discover anything other than my two wi-fi thermostats. Not one Zwave device is found yet I have lights, outlets, etc.

I did try disabling the skill, enabling and re-discovering, all to no avail. Suggestions are welcome.

Comment

I have the same issue. Unresolved.

I started down this path when a couple new devices showed Offline in the Alexa app. Couldn't control them, "the device is not responding". So I forgot them, Discovered, got nothing new. Figured I'd disable/forget all of HS in the Alexa app. Now I've added the skill back, and have ZERO devices. This will not go over well with the wife at some point this evening...

Comment

Eureka! I re-read the recent posts and decided to enable voice for everything. Within seconds the Alexa app found all the devices. Then I had Alexa forget the ones I don't want to control via voice and disabled voice on those.

Comment

Need some more info

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          Eureka! I re-read the recent posts and decided to enable voice for everything. Within seconds the Alexa app found all the devices. Then I had Alexa forget the ones I don't want to control via voice and disabled voice on those.
          Can you provide more info about the "enable everything" comment. Is this a new setting? Please elaborate.

Thanks

Comment

I believe the reference would be....in web control, select all devices (upper left corner), hit the drop-down next to that and select enable voice -- a group edit.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark K View Post
              I believe the reference would be....in web control, select all devices (upper left corner), hit the drop-down next to that and select enable voice -- a group edit.....
              Correct! Then have Alexa find everything, then narrow down what you really want to control via Alexa. Finally, disable Voice on devices you don't want or need to control via Alexa.

Though I don't see what Alexa voice would have to do with HS voice, but I guess it does.
              Last edited by racerfern; March 19, 2017, 08:00 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
              X