No announcement yet.

Universal Camera Web Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my i5-6500T PC yesterday and got BI moved to it in short order.

Amazing performance. With 5 x LTS (Hikvision OEM) Cameras, pulling the secondary stream's mjpeg feed at 15 fps with a 15 keyframe setting and highest quality (don't need to pull the main stream since BI is only streaming to non-HD clients, and I'm leaving the main stream for my NVR to record) and BI never gets over 9% CPU use, even with 3 clients connected simultaneously. The PC as a whole is running in the low-to-mid teens. It looks like I'll have plenty of overhead for my 16 cameras.

I think the change from the old laptop's 100Mbit ethernet to the Gbit ethernet on the new PC makes a difference as well as the network usage is a steady 25Mbps, which would have been pushing it scaling up to 16 cameras. My entire network is gigabit on Ubiquiti hardware (2 x 48 port unifi switches, one POE and one not, plus an 8 port each in the garage and yard) with 10Gbit copper between 48-port switches and Gbit fiber (isolation due to previous lightning issues) to the 8 port switches, so I will not have any network-related performance issues.

I probably don't need 15fps, but it's working without issue for now, so I'll keep it there until I start seeing performance hits.

I've started playing with the BI plugin too and am pleased so far, monitoring 2 of the cameras for motion and controlling virtual motions in HS with alerts. I think I'll start a thread in the plugin forum with some questions I have about plugin utilization.

Thanks for steering me to BI, should've listened sooner!
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I had issues with my modified jpegpull2 showing the menu when motion was detected, so I've tweaked it some more and replaced the earlier file with a new jpegpull3.
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Looks complicated. Does anyone have a video tutorial on how to get live camera feeds into HStouch or how to display the live feed within HStouch? I am very new and trying to figure out the best way to show live feeds.
        Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
        X