This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you see my post?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yep, but sorry I am not really sure of what is next.
      danielbo

Comment

Upgrade

I have a question, I have had HS2 for quite a while now. I have purchased the upgrade today and next week I want to install HS2 Pro as a fresh install and only copy over my HS database and ini file. What is the correct way to go about this? I donot want to download over my old version. I was going to start with a clean fresh install of windows and then HS2Pro.
        Thanks Dave....

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
          yep, but sorry I am not really sure of what is next.
          Have you considered restoring your HS2 backup and just using the HS2-to-HSPro upgrade Rupp added to the first post in this thread. It was 100% painless for me to use the upgrade versus the manual method of having to copy files back from my backup.
          John
          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
          Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
          HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I had considered that , however I have been having some strange problems with IE and hs i always get a java script error on certain lines for the events page and have not been able to repair it. I posted to the board with no helpl So i thought it might be time to start from scratch again.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
              I had considered that , however I have been having some strange problems with IE and hs i always get a java script error on certain lines for the events page and have not been able to repair it. I posted to the board with no helpl So i thought it might be time to start from scratch again.
              Try upgrading to the latest version of Java - it's available as a MS upgrade.

You could also try a NET repair.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs, thanks for the suggestion but i have tried both, that is why i was going to do a clean install.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
                  Gogs, thanks for the suggestion but i have tried both, that is why i was going to do a clean install.
                  What version of IE are we talking about, and are we talking about the HS computer?
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hi,

It doesn't work for me ...

In fact i had the 2.3.0.122 HS2 version ...

And when i install the HSPRO version update v.86 after the v.19, i have this error message :

this is normal ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nslmanu View Post
                      Hi,

And when i install the HSPRO version update v.86 after the v.19, i have this error message :

this is normal ?
                      If you upgrade to HomeSeer Pro you MUST upgrade to the same version number of your old HomeSeer 2 installation, if you installed HomeSeer Pro into the same directory.
                      So you were running a beta HomeSeer 2 you have to upgrade to at least the same beta version number of HomeSeer Pro.
                      Said another way. If you were running HomeSeer 2 version 2.3.122 you must upgrade to HomeSeer Pro and then apply the HomeSeer Pro 2.3.122 beta upgrade version.

Comment

Hi,

this is normal ?
                        Did you uninstal HS before upgrading, also did you let HSPro run in it's downloable version as from HST's website, not the updater.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok , it's done ... but now i have all my devices UNKNOWN ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok , it's done ... but now i have all my devices UNKNOWN ...
                            Did you install HomeSeer Pro into the same directory as your older HomeSeer 2 was installed to as directed in the sticky?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              If you upgrade to HomeSeer Pro you MUST upgrade to the same version number of your old HomeSeer 2 installation, if you installed HomeSeer Pro into the same directory.
                              So you were running a beta HomeSeer 2 you have to upgrade to at least the same beta version number of HomeSeer Pro.
                              Said another way. If you were running HomeSeer 2 version 2.3.122 you must upgrade to HomeSeer Pro and then apply the HomeSeer Pro 2.3.122 beta upgrade version.
                              Erm Rupp, I don't think you are quite right in that statement.

I was running .66, uninsulated it and installed Professional Edition 2.3.0.19. as was downloaded from the HST main web site. It's running a treat, have not gone near the updater apart from HSTouch. I only have one problem and that is with one of Jonn00's scripts (The Horoscope one), it don't work, not a big problem.

I think the advice should be install the basic released download, get it working, then go from there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                                Did you install HomeSeer Pro into the same directory as your older HomeSeer 2 was installed to as directed in the sticky?
                                Yes exaclty the same directory .... for my scripts ...

really strange ...

i take my backup files : settings.ini and condig database file ...

Comment

Working...
                                X