Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - yes the apcupsd is installed and appears in the system tray giving the right info.
    The UPS, apcupsd and HomeSeer are all on the same machine.
    I have checked the enable box.
    I get a whole load of items created - but they are generally at 0. The Status says offline.

EDIT - OK I got there. Its not the IP of the PC but the 127.0.0.1 !!!
    Last edited by IanIreland; March 27, 2015, 09:10 AM.

Comment

is it working fine now?

Comment

Setup questions

Hi,

I've just started testing this nice plugin. I have some question, due to lacking documentation:
        - what is the "Network Monitoring Interval" doing?
        - what is the "History Length"? Number of samples, seconds, ... ?
        - what are all the trigger and reset values for? How should they be set (boolean enable/disable, thresholds in voltage or load, ...)?

I've set up the latest apcupsd windows software incl. usb driver and using a Smart UPS. Everything is shown correctly in the homeseer devices as well as on the status page of the plugin. However, on the events page the graph is empty. Is it updated only on an new event (transition from or to battery power)?

Regards,
        Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by mo046 View Post
          Hi,

I've just started testing this nice plugin. I have some question, due to lacking documentation:
          - what is the "Network Monitoring Interval" doing?
          - what is the "History Length"? Number of samples, seconds, ... ?
          - what are all the trigger and reset values for? How should they be set (boolean enable/disable, thresholds in voltage or load, ...)?

I've set up the latest apcupsd windows software incl. usb driver and using a Smart UPS. Everything is shown correctly in the homeseer devices as well as on the status page of the plugin. However, on the events page the graph is empty. Is it updated only on an new event (transition from or to battery power)?

Regards,
          Maurice
          Documentation is included in pdf format. You can access it from the HS3 tools > help menu.

In case a ups cannot be reached (connection failure, PC down, etc) the "Network Monitoring Interval" is used to check if the PC with the ups can be reached again

The "History Length" is the number of data points / values to keep in memory for the chart.

The trigger and reset values are threshold values to trigger the corresponding plugin the HS3 event action. if the value reaches the trigger value, the hs3 trigger fires. The value needs to reach the reset value to clear the trigger flag and be able to trigger again. This helps when values fluctuate around a trigger and avoids multiple firing of an event.

Comment

Thank you, the manual explains everything! I was looking in the \doc directory for the manual, didn't realize it was in the \html directory. Maybe a "help" button in the config page would make it easier to find ...

BTW, I found a wrong description in the manual about the "High Line Voltage Reset": I guess it should be "falls below" instead of "exceeds".

The only thing not working now is the graph on the event page which is not showing any data

Regards,
            Maurice

Comment

Thanks. Regarding the charts, I assume you set the history setting for the ups to a positive value, let's say one hundred. Try to refresh the browser page as well (I.e force a reload) just in case.

Do you get an error in the hs3 log? Does the ups page appear fine otherwise (with status information and status)?

If you enable debug and verbose debug mode in the plugin and post the resulting log I might be able to find something. When collecting the log let it collect some points (log longer then some update interval) and also access the ups page with chart.

Comment

Yes, I did all that, history = 100.

Furthermore, the event list in the events page shows "END APC : 2015-05-08 22:41:58 +0100" on every update (with current timestamp).

Log: see attached log.txt

Code:
                Property    UPS 1
                UPS Name    Mars
                Host    localhost
                Port    3551
                Connected    True
                Hostname    Mars
                Model    Smart-UPS 1000
                Mode    Stand Alone
                Nominal Power    
                Nominal Input Voltage    
                Nominal Battery Voltage    24.0 Volts
                Status    ONLINE
                Status Flags    ONLINE PLUGGED BATT
                Line Voltage    228.9 Volts
                Low Line Voltage    223.2 Volts
                High Line Voltage    237.6 Volts
                Load    25.3 %
                Low Load    21.4 %
                High Load    26.0 %
                Battery Charge    100.0 %
                Low Battery Charge    100.0 %
                High Battery Charge    100.0 %
                Battery Voltage    27.5 Volts
                Battery Change    5 Percent
                Time Left    00:41:00
                Minimum Time    3 Minutes
                Maximum Time    0 Seconds
                Sense    High
                Low Transition    208.0 Volts
                High Transition    253.0 Volts
                Last Transfer    Low line voltage
                Last on Battery    
                Last off Battery    N/A
                Time on Battery    0 Seconds
                Nb of Transfer    0
                Total Time on Battery    0 Seconds
                Battery Date    2002-04-09
                Battery Chemistry    
                Manufacturer    APC
                Manufacturing Date    2002-04-09
                Serial No    AS0215230622
                Firmware    600.1.I USB FW:1.3
                Model    
                Release    
                Driver    apcupsd 3.14.13 (02 February 2015) mingw
                Self Test    NO
                Start Time    2015/05/07 12:38:56
                Last Updated    2015/05/08 22:45:32
                Attached Files

Comment

The log does not indicate that anything is wrong. I don't know why the chart would not be displayed. Are you using the latest version? Do you have javascript disabled and can you try a different browser? Can you post the html ups page that should display the chart? Thanks

Comment

OK, I'm using Firefox 37.0.2 (32 bit) on Windows 8.1 64-bit, and the graph is not showing. The htm page is attached. Latest Java version is installed. Any hints to where I have to check whether Javascript is disabled. I had no problems with running Java Script on website before.

Running IE v11 on the same system, the graph is showing!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I looked at the zip file and the datapoints for chart are in the html. This must be a browser configuration issue especially with IE working. I am using Firefox as well and working fine. Check if cookies are disabled or some other add-ons that can block javascript (in html), images, etc..

Comment

Thanks. I have looked into Firefox, couldn't find any settring yet that blocks the script. Good to know that your Firefox installation works without problems.

Comment

Low Battery Charge Trigger

Is this variable the battery voltage or a percent of the charge? Installed today and so far it seems to be working.

Comment

There is a device for the percentage charge and another for the batterie voltage. If you connect to nut server instead of an acpupsd server, they might not be reported as it depends on the nut setup. You can use the devices to trigger or alternatively the HS2 event trigger (which is in percent).
                            Last edited by pcp; August 28, 2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I used the APCUPSD plugin on my home HS3 to understand how to set it up for use with the HS3 that I have running at my cabin. This past weekend I moved the APC UPS to my cabin, set up the APCUPSD plugin and purchased it.

My question is: how do I delete the APCUPSD plugin on my home system now that I no longer need it there? Unlike other plugins it does not have a delete option next to it when I to the "Plug-Ins -> Manage" page

Comment

Originally posted by jeffj35290 View Post
                                I used the APCUPSD plugin on my home HS3 to understand how to set it up for use with the HS3 that I have running at my cabin. This past weekend I moved the APC UPS to my cabin, set up the APCUPSD plugin and purchased it.

My question is: how do I delete the APCUPSD plugin on my home system now that I no longer need it there? Unlike other plugins it does not have a delete option next to it when I to the "Plug-Ins -> Manage" page
                                There's an issue with deleting multi-instance plugins so you have to manually delete the files. This includes HSPI_APCUPSD.exe and HSPI_APCUPSD.exe.config in the root of the hs direcory, the ini file in the config directory and some files in the html folder. If you check the apcupsd folder inside the updates3 folder, you can see all the files it installs.

Cheers
                                Al
                                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X