No announcement yet.

Russound CAA66 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed a russound mca-5 (I think) for a customer in a fitness center. The yoga room had their Bluetooth device in it. It was nice in that when you connected via Bluetooth tooth it would automatically turn on the zone and switch to the proper source. There was also no reason you couldn't have more than one Bluetooth device on the system. They had software for the amp as well where I could name zones and configure radio stations etc.. But it wasn't cheap. I went with monoprice in my house and have been very happy with it. The amp remembers all of it's settings after a power outage so I believe the firmware was updated.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I read there is sound cross over on the zones. One user in a review reported he could faintly here audio in another zone. Is this true?
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I've never noticed that before but I will test tonight when I get home.

Comment

So I blasted heavy metal in the garage and then switched the master bedroom to an unused source and turned it's volume up to maximum. I could not hear anything coming out of the speakers. So I guess no cross talk.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
            So I blasted heavy metal in the garage and then switched the master bedroom to an unused source and turned it's volume up to maximum. I could not hear anything coming out of the speakers. So I guess no cross talk.

God Damn............!

Couldn't you at least have said you heard signals from outer space or something? At this rate I'm going to have to pawn my CAA66 and get one of these Monopice jobs.

@ Blade

I would HAPPILY pay you the cost of a new Monoprice amp to have Russound systems working! Yes. I will pay you $600 or whatever they cost.

I'm bummed by this thread.

I'm going to bed.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I am a happy camper here with two CAA66's purchased one new old stock and one refurbished. I have not had any issues to date.

I have utilized MonoPrice for a few years now and have not had any issues with them to date.

That said there is a user on CT that had an issue with a product out of warranty purchased at MonoPrice.

Here is the thread.

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/2...ce#entry231795
              Last edited by Pete; November 10, 2015, 09:12 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                I would HAPPILY pay you the cost of a new Monoprice amp to have Russound systems working! Yes. I will pay you $600 or whatever they cost.

I'm bummed by this thread.

I'm going to bed.
                No worries... I am still leaning towards the CAA66 Russound system. Once I do get it installed I will definitely be fine tuning the BLRussound plugin. It will make it much easier to test when I have one myself. This will likely not happen for a bit as we are selling out house now and once done will be building so it will be into next year before I have everything up and running (maybe even late spring/summer)
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I have decided that I will be buying 2 x Monoprice 6 zone controllers instead of the Russound CAA66. I can just get more for the money I would have to spend on the Russound to get pretty much the same thing.

The recent changes to BLRussound should help out users who were having issues.

Now to play with the Monoprice protocol
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I'm going to crawl under a rock.
                    Attached Files

Comment

My two cents (for what its really worth). Russound is the way to go... better components inside.

I bought a used CAM6.6 off eBay with the ST2 keypads, its older stuff, but the sound is great. I did buy my ceiling speakers off mono price, and they sound good.

Russound is expensive, but there is a reason . I went with the CAM just because I have no need to distribute video, let alone if I did want to... it would be HDMI and not component.

I do plan on keeping this unit with the house when I move as well. I will buy another Russound unit when the time comes.

Comment

There is still hope -

As another respected author has stated he is going to be using an older Russound unit.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179229

Comment

I'm going to crawl under a rock.
                          I agree. I literally bought a CAA66 YESTERDAY based on continued support by Blade. Not that he won't continue to support it, but I feel like it might become a burden because he can't test locally and we may miss out. Looks like I may have to look towards the UltraJones plugin, but then I have to consider if it will work with the speech stuff as nicely as apparently BLRussound does.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                            As another respected author has stated he is going to be using an older Russound unit.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179229

Yeah. But he isn't also the author of BLSpeech. Now maybe.... if someone develops UltraSpeech.........

Then I could have the joy of spending something on the order of 20 hours (I am NOT kidding here) migrating from BLSpeech.

I'd rather go bungee jumping with the cord tied to my.... Parts.... instead of believing this. So I'll probably just go on as if this announcement didn't happen and try to keep in mind that Blade did indeed get a CAA66.

Comment

Yeah. But he isn't also the author of BLSpeech. Now maybe.... if someone develops UltraSpeech.........
                              I have not yet moved to HS3 but I am a big Russound person - currently using the vanilla "IsSpeaking HS2" speech plug-in. If Ultra did a super-simple speech proxy to accompany the Ultra-Russound plugin I would be all over this...
                              It would be (Almost) the last thing I need to switch to HS3.

Comment

@Blade,

I want to offer something and see what you think. Since you will no longer be getting a Russound system, what do you think of giving the source over to another developer or even open source it? I for one don't mind taking over the project and I will have a CAA66 arriving in 2 days.

It will be very hard for you to do any level of troubleshooting without major headaches and ultimately that will hurt your image/reputation as a plugin developer (IMHO). This way people still get the use of the plugin and at least it would have a developer who has a system to do local testing on.

If you want to work out some kind of deal, you can PM me or respond here.

Thanks,
                                Frank (SirMeili)

Comment

Working...
                                X