Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randman View Post
    This isn't clear to me. Some questions:

1. Is this just a HomeSeer plugin for helping create a config.json or does it also come with a HomeBridge plugin?

2. I am running Ubuntu and have installed Node.js and homebridge. What else do I have to install to use your plugin?

3. Does this work with stipus' HomeSeer platform for Homebridge or is it independent?

4. I am running HS3 in Windows XP and Homebridge in Ubuntu. Does the plugin assume that HS3 and Homebridge are running in the same server?

Thanks
    1. This plugin is to make it much easier to create and maintain the config.json file and automatically restart the homebridge after an edit (windows only) It needs an installed Homebridge based on Node.JS

2. Nothing but configure the plugin to point to your config.js file.

3. It works with the stipus homebridge based on Node.js

4. No, just configure the plugin to point to the correct config.json and of course you need appropriate right to this file.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I have a few strange issues that I cant seem to figure out. 1st it only works half the time. I set up a few devices to do some testing. Sometimes I try to control a device true siri and it doesn't work. Then I open Eve app and none of the devices are connected. If I just leave it alone for a while and try again after a while it's working again. Every time it doesn't work I check and I'm connected to my network with full signal strength. 2nd I have a few homeseer events configured in the config.js file and have them in scenes in the Eve app. When it's properly connecting I can trigger these events properly. Every once in a while if the event doesn't trigger I look in the eve app and those events have disappeared from the list of devices. I can just leave it and check back later and there back. Every time this happens the events get deleted from my scenes so even thought the events reappear I have to re program each scene. I wish I could work out these 2 bugs because when it does work it works great and would definitely pick an apple watch to make it even better.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
        Stipus,

I am still using your wonderful HomeSeer.js script in the legacy plugin package with the latest homebridge. All is working well but I am hoping to add my energy devices (Watts, volts, etc) so that they show up in the Eve app. I know that energy devices are not included in the current version of homekit but it looks like Elgato went off on their own and built energy devices that work with their Eve app outside of the homekit API. Looks like some folks are reverse engineering this protocol.

https://gist.github.com/gomfunkel/b1a046d729757120907c

Any thoughts on adding watts, etc?
        Yes with the UUID, it should be possible to add watts and other Elgato specific characteristics. Unfortunately I don't have much time ...
        --
        stipus

Comment

Hi,

It's a little bit hard to find the latest Homeseer.js file. I found, the latest on https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge in the issues list. It's version V0.8, dated 2015/10/14

Is this the last one ?

On the other hand, I thought I could find it at https://www.npmjs.com/search?q=homebridge-plugin, where most of the plugin for Homebridge are located now.

Can you shed some light on this Stipus?

Thanks,
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I think the latest version has been transferred to the HomeSeer legacy plugins repository (in the platforms subdirectory)

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge-legacy-plugins

I know I have to convert the HomeSeer platform to the new plugin format, but unfortunately I don't have much time these days....
            --
            stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
              I think the latest version has been transferred to the HomeSeer legacy plugins repository (in the platforms subdirectory)

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge-legacy-plugins

I know I have to convert the HomeSeer platform to the new plugin format, but unfortunately I don't have much time these days....
              The one I found on my system is V0.11.1 dated 2015/11/02, the one on the github is 0.10.

I was looking for roller-shutter/ sunscreen support. Maybe I can help you with that, since you mentioned that you busy these days.

Can you point me to more information to get this working ?

Thanks
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                The one I found on my system is V0.11.1 dated 2015/11/02, the one on the github is 0.10.

I was looking for roller-shutter/ sunscreen support. Maybe I can help you with that, since you mentioned that you busy these days.

Can you point me to more information to get this working ?

Thanks
                I think this has already been coded, but it is untested and maybe unfinished.

The HomeKit device type is "WindowCovering"
                Parameters are the same as device type = "Door".
                --
                stipus

Comment

I think this has already been coded, but it is untested and maybe unfinished.

The HomeKit device type is "WindowCovering"
                  Parameters are the same as device type = "Door".
                  Hi,

I did some investigation.

First of all I use the Fibaro Rollershutter V2 which uses the charisterics shown below in the screenshot of the device.
                  Device value 0 = Open
                  Device value 99 = Closed
                  Device value 1-98 = 'Dimmed' (position of the Rollershutter)

Homekit can set the 'dim level' between 0 and 100. This works except when you set it to 100, in that case nothing happens.
                  So if I want to close the Rollershutter I have to set it to 99, as 100% would be more logical.
                  I also see a 'undefined' message in the Homekit plugin (see screenshot)
                  I'm interested in your vision on this. See screenshots below.
                  Attached Files
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                    Hi Mav,

IS there a Newtonsoft.Json.dll file in the Homeseer root directory, please rename the file to .ddd or something like that and restart HS.
                    I'm getting the same error in the logs and also not getting the JsonConfigForHomekit tab on any of my devices.

Code:
                    Calling ConfigDevice in plugin JsonConfigForHomekit:Object variable or With block variable not set.
                    When I go into the Homeseer root...
                    /HomeSeer HS3/
                    ...I also do not see any file "Newtonsoft.Json.dll". However I DO see that file in...
                    /HomeSeer HS3/Bin/JsonConfigForHomekit/

Not sure how to fix this.

Comment

a little help

I have tried the info below and get a bunch of errors ... here is the log file

any help would be appreciated

THANX
                      MITCH

You can (should) install Node.js on your HomeSeer server... it should be always on...

For the npm stuff, you just have to follow the tutorial.... in fact you just have to:
                      - Download and install Node.js from http://nodejs.org
                      - Download and decompress HomeBridge from https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge
                      - open a command prompt (CMD.EXE)
                      - CD to the directory where you decompressed Homebridge
                      - Type "NPM INSTALL" to install HomeBridge
                      - Type "NPM RUN START" to start HomeBridge

Then you can start experimenting with the Http shim to control HomeSeer lights... I'll publish the HomeSeer platform soon...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iDVB View Post
                        I'm getting the same error in the logs and also not getting the JsonConfigForHomekit tab on any of my devices.

Code:
                        Calling ConfigDevice in plugin JsonConfigForHomekit:Object variable or With block variable not set.
                        When I go into the Homeseer root...
                        /HomeSeer HS3/
                        ...I also do not see any file "Newtonsoft.Json.dll". However I DO see that file in...
                        /HomeSeer HS3/Bin/JsonConfigForHomekit/

Not sure how to fix this.

Can anyone help with this? Been a while and no support?

Comment

Please?

Comment

When this first came out I was very excited and thought that it would be a very popular and-on for HomkeSeer users. I haven't had much success in getting it to work or to get support so I assume not a lot of people are using this feature. It's to bad

Comment

I wonder if everyone is now using Fraggel's HomeKitBridge Plugin

I tried that one too and it works GREAT, except for the fact that it DC's after 5mins consistently. Which renders it 100% useless at that point.

Would LOVE if anyone has a working HomeKit support solution to share their success.

Comment

I tried it and was not able to get it to work. I posted in his sub forums and at first he responded but didn't respond the my last 4 post. I saw the same feedback from others so support is not very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X