How to update the firmware on HS-WD100+ dimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update the firmware on HS-WD100+ dimmers

My dimmers are all 5.14 and I would like to upgrade them to 5.16 in hopes that the later firmware fixes the issues I have sometimes were a double to triple tap is not heard on the controller.

Ive seem some instructions here in the forum on how to update the firmware with folks saying to select the root device ("HomeSeer Tech Switch Multilevel") and there will be a tab where a firmware update can occur. I don't seem to have this tab and I was hoping someone could provide instructions on how to upgrade the firmware and perhaps some screenshots.

I updated three dimmers today to 5.19.

Assuming you have downloaded and extracted the firmware file, these instructions should work for HS3.
    • Click the Multi-Level root device
    • Click Z-Wave tab
    • Middle of the Z-Wave page should have a "Firmware Update" section.
    • Click "Select file"
    • Select the appropriate .hec file for your device.
    • Click start
    • Watch the counter grow. Mine went to ~100520 before being finished.

Comment

I put the .hec file on Dropbox. This means I can update them from whatever device I want, whenever I have time. I have actually done most from the web UI on my iPhone. Same procedure as here, just using Dropbox as the source.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
        I updated three dimmers today to 5.19.

Assuming you have downloaded and extracted the firmware file, these instructions should work for HS3.
        [list][*]Click the Multi-Level root device[*]Click Z-Wave tab

Thanks, that's what I thought but I was not seeing the Z-Wave tab.

Tonight I noticed that my Z-Wave plug-in was version 3.0.1.114 but there was a newer version available (3.0.1.116).

When I upgraded to .116 the Z-Wave tab appeared on these devices...

Comment

Working...
        X