Creating a event with BLRandom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a event with BLRandom

Hi, I just installed this plugin to HS and I added one group of frases toa group. My question is how do you add the group to a event? I tried creating a event. Looking in the action drop down and didn't see any option for BlRamdom...?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Can anyone pitch in, I really appreciated.
    Hector
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hector:

All my speaking events have gotten quite complicated but in it's simplest form it works sort of like this.

You can call an immediate script command to speak the contents of a randomized group like this. Set up an event for a time or whatever trigger you need and in the action use a script command like this.

PHP Code:
      &hs.speak hs.plugin("BLRandom").RandomizeGroup("Get Coffee"
      of course your group would probably be named something other than get coffee, but who knows.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        Hector:

All my speaking events have gotten quite complicated but in it's simplest form it works sort of like this.

You can call an immediate script command to speak the contents of a randomized group like this. Set up an event for a time or whatever trigger you need and in the action use a script command like this.

PHP Code:
        &hs.speak hs.plugin("BLRandom").RandomizeGroup("Get Coffee"
        of course your group would probably be named something other than get coffee, but who knows.
        Thanks Nigthwalker for ur responce, but is this the way it works out of the box? Or is this something you desided to do?
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

That script call is part of the plugin.
          I use BLSpeech and BLRandom together as I am sure nightwalker does
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            Thanks Nigthwalker for ur responce, but is this the way it works out of the box? Or is this something you desided to do?
            That's right out of the box and Bob is correct that I use both BLSpeech and BLRandom.

What I gave you is straight from the help file. I've converted all my speaking events to use scripts. I do that mostly so any event that speaks doesn't have to sound the same, at the very least it gets a different prelude.

For example my weather forecast spoken as part of the morning routine says something different before each forecast. "here's todays weather" "Todays weather forecast in case you were interested" and on and on.

It just makes the TTS so much more personable and not as predictable.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thks guys for educating me. How does Blspeech work? and how do you use it?
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

BLSpeech is a speech proxy for HS. It allows you to queue up speech and speak it when you want. The best thing to do is make sure you have the others working right and then install the trial of BLSpeech and give it a try
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  BLSpeech is a speech proxy for HS. It allows you to queue up speech and speak it when you want. The best thing to do is make sure you have the others working right and then install the trial of BLSpeech and give it a try
                  I agree with you Bob. But can you give me examples in how u use BLspeech to see if its rigth for me?
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I do not use it much for queuing speech but I do use the pre and post speaking functionality which allows me to switch on certain speakers around the house before speaking and then swithc them back after speaking. There are lots of more uses for it. It has a lot of features in it. It has a dictionary so you can pronounce words differently, etc

Try it out and see what you think.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X