Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer HS-MS100+ Issues - Solved!

Hi all,
    Think I may have received a bad sensor but thought I would check here to see if anyone has any ideas.
    I successfully did a Secure Inclusion and it created 5 devices with no errors.
    The devices created are:
    HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor
    Battery
    Home Security
    Sensor Binary Tamper
    Sensor Binary Motion

The only values that update are Battery and Home Security.
    I have Excluded and did the Secure Inclusion several time with the same result.
    I set parameter 14 to 1, and parameter 17 to to 1.
    I still get no motion or tamper indications.
    Any ideas???

Thanks,
    Scott

Current Date/Time: 12/26/2017 10:42:50 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.379
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 23 Hours 35 Minutes 56 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.130
    Number of Devices: 321
    Number of Events: 67
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 5
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    Plugin Callback Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.49.0: BLBackup
    1.1.12.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
    3.0.1.3: IFTTT
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    2.0.1.6: JowiHue
    1.1.17344.311: MyQ
    3.0.0.28: Nest
    0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
    3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
    3.0.6104.19146: UltraRachio3
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

You will want to remove this device from your Z-Wave network. Then update to the latest Z-Wave plugin, then re-add this device to the network for the device to work properly.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by scooter View Post
      Hi all,
      Think I may have received a bad sensor but thought I would check here to see if anyone has any ideas.
      I successfully did a Secure Inclusion and it created 5 devices with no errors.
      The devices created are:
      HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor
      Battery
      Home Security
      Sensor Binary Tamper
      Sensor Binary Motion

The only values that update are Battery and Home Security.
      I have Excluded and did the Secure Inclusion several time with the same result.
      I set parameter 14 to 1, and parameter 17 to to 1.
      I still get no motion or tamper indications.
      Any ideas???

Thanks,
      Scott

Current Date/Time: 12/26/2017 10:42:50 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.379
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
      System Uptime: 1 Day 23 Hours 35 Minutes 56 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.1.130
      Number of Devices: 321
      Number of Events: 67
      Available Threads: 400
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 5
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      Plugin Callback Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.49.0: BLBackup
      1.1.12.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
      3.0.1.3: IFTTT
      3.0.6.0: Insteon
      2.0.1.6: JowiHue
      1.1.17344.311: MyQ
      3.0.0.28: Nest
      0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
      3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
      3.0.6104.19146: UltraRachio3
      3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
      I'm running .173 of the plug-in. Did a non-secure inclusion and I only see:

The Root Device
      Home Security
      Battery

Also, the battery does not update at all. The guide says it will update the sensor values every 12 hours, mine doesn't. I do have polling turned off. I have unchecked the box that tells it not to update if the value doesn't change so I should be able to see any update even if it is the same value.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        You will want to remove this device from your Z-Wave network. Then update to the latest Z-Wave plugin, then re-add this device to the network for the device to work properly.
        Thank you Rupp,
        Running Z-Wave beta 3.0.1.173 and all is well.
        Now have three devices Root, Battery, and Security. All motion and movement show on home security.

Thanks again!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
          I'm running .173 of the plug-in. Did a non-secure inclusion and I only see:

The Root Device
          Home Security
          Battery

Also, the battery does not update at all. The guide says it will update the sensor values every 12 hours, mine doesn't. I do have polling turned off. I have unchecked the box that tells it not to update if the value doesn't change so I should be able to see any update even if it is the same value.
          I did a secure inclusion and my polling is set at 12 hours and all works perfectly. Battery also updated immediately when included.

Comment

Thank you Rupp,
            Running Z-Wave beta 3.0.1.173 and all is well.
            Now have three devices Root, Battery, and Security. All motion and movement show on home security.

Thanks again!

Scott
            I did a secure inclusion and my polling is set at 12 hours and all works perfectly. Battery also updated immediately when included.
            Hi scooter, I bought 5 of these motion sensors and only recently tried to include. All seems to have the same issue you describe.

I updated to the latest beta Z-Wave Plug-in (3.0.1.184) and now they included and I get the same 3 devices - 1 root with 2 children. Not sure yet, but they seem to keep showing with "Motion Detected" since I added them -- from 10 minutes ago to about 30 minutes ago.

I also tried to "move" them (shake a bit too) to see if I got the "Product Moved" event, but that didn't happen.

I'll watch them for a bit to see how this changes.

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
              Hi scooter, I bought 5 of these motion sensors and only recently tried to include. All seems to have the same issue you describe.

I updated to the latest beta Z-Wave Plug-in (3.0.1.184) and now they included
              The latest beta Z-Wave plugin is required from the beta section of the updater. You need to remove the device from HS3, then update to the latest beta, then include the device again.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                The latest beta Z-Wave plugin is required from the beta section of the updater. You need to remove the device from HS3, then update to the latest beta, then include the device again.
                Thanks Rupp. I hadn't initially realized that I needed the beta Z-Wave plug-in. However, I first restored my HS3 installation before trying to add my motion sensors, so I think I'm good - at least they appear to be working. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I've upgraded my Z-Wave plugin to 3.0.1.190, excluded then re-included my HS-MS100+, and it now shows up with just three devices (Root, Battery, Home Security) instead of the five or six or whatever it was before.

However, the Home Security device still doesn't seem to be updating its status properly. Right now it says "Motion Detected" with Last Change of "Yesterday 11:16:21 AM" despite my picking it up and waving my hand in front of it many times since then. I'm not sure what in fact happened yesterday at 11:16 AM that successfully registered as motion...

Any other suggestions to get this working? Thanks for any help!

My setup details:

Current Date/Time: 2/19/2018 5:47:38 PM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
                  Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 17 Hours 6 Minutes 3 Seconds
                  IP Address: 10.1.1.6
                  Number of Devices: 212
                  Number of Events: 23
                  Available Threads: 389

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Just installed a MS100+ and thought it wasn't working till I noticed it was set to timeout in 600 seconds. Change that down to 20 seconds and I could see it working. I do wish that the LED would flash when it sees motion so one would know it's working. I have no idea if the shock sensor is working. Tried moving it around but nothing happens.

The main use is to trigger the recirculating pump and turn off lights when the kitchen isn't in use. The lights are dimmed down over an hour or more after the initial 20 minutes or so.
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
                    X