X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    Can you tell me what the concern is?
    Sorry I wasn't clear ... the concern is that the temperature changed from 69.7 to 54.6 when the first heartbeat from a new sensor was received ... 69.7 is of course the 'correct' value ... I'm guessing the heartbeat is sending temperature in a different format than a normal temperature report?

Comment

Originally posted by firtha View Post
      Sorry I wasn't clear ... the concern is that the temperature changed from 69.7 to 54.6 when the first heartbeat from a new sensor was received ... 69.7 is of course the 'correct' value ... I'm guessing the heartbeat is sending temperature in a different format than a normal temperature report?
      are you displaying temps in C or F?

the heartbeats report a F.

also did you change from usb power to battery power?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

are you displaying temps in C or F?

the heartbeats report a F.

also did you change from usb power to battery power?
        I've been using Fahrenheit (because I didn't see the setting in the device settings) I've never had the sensors on USB power...

Comment

I've been using Fahrenheit (because I didn't see the setting in the device settings) I've never had the sensors on USB power...
          Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 7B A7 EB 05 0B CF 0C 6E
          Can you post other entries from the hs log like the above. I'm curious what the other heartbeat msgs look like
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Can you post other entries from the hs log like the above. I'm curious what the other heartbeat msgs look like
            Here's a heartbeat...

May-28 08:28:23 Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 79 E6 D9 72 0B CF 0C 7A Debouncing repeat.
            May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Setting value for device 4A.79.E6:21. Old Value:121, New Value: 114
            May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Setting value for device 4A.79.E6:4. Old Value:100, New Value: 0
            May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Setting value for device 4A.79.E6:4. Old Value:0, New Value: 100
            May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Device Living Room Motion (4A.79.E6) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=17.3, Light=114
            May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 79 E6 D9 72 0B CF 0C 7A
            Last edited by firtha; May 28, 2018, 09:49 AM. Reason: formatting

Comment

Here's a heartbeat...

May-28 08:28:23 Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 79 E6 D9 72 0B CF 0C 7A Debouncing repeat.
              May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Setting value for device 4A.79.E6:21. Old Value:121, New Value: 114
              May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Setting value for device 4A.79.E6:4. Old Value:100, New Value: 0
              May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Setting value for device 4A.79.E6:4. Old Value:0, New Value: 100
              May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Device Living Room Motion (4A.79.E6) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=17.3, Light=114
              May-28 08:28:22 Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 79 E6 D9 72 0B CF 0C 7A
              looks like you found the Deg C setting so the heartbeat value of 7A is being converted correctly to the 17 C
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

looks like you found the Deg C setting so the heartbeat value of 7A is being converted correctly to the 17 C
                Yes, and I gave up wondering about the low readings I got after the first heartbeats (It jumped from 70F to 54F on the first heartbeat scan). After I found the C setting, I calibrated one sensor against an Oregon Scientific sensor and ended up applying an offset of +10 to both motion sensors....

Thanks for the quick replies!
                Last edited by firtha; May 28, 2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: Added Thanks

Comment

Yes, and I gave up wondering about the low readings I got after the first heartbeats (It jumped from 70F to 54F on the first heartbeat scan). After I found the C setting, I calibrated one sensor against an Oregon Scientific sensor and ended up applying an offset of +10 to both motion sensors....

Thanks for the quick replies!
                  ok. thanks for the reporting back.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I recently picked up an MRII and have been using it indoors to turn on and off the running lights on my stairs. Picked up some good WAF on this one.

She doesn't like the fact that the LED blinks when it senses motion, as it's pretty noticeable when it is dark in the house. I've of course changed all the settings that I can (LED brightness = 0, LED = Off), but as it's running on battery power, those settings seem to have no effect. The unit I have is on version 46 firmware.

I called Smarthome today to ask about the turning off the LED on the MRII. After giving me the runaround about how they don't support HomeSeer and that I'd have to call them, etc., I finally got them to answer the straight question "is it possible, on a battery-powered MRII, to prevent the LED from blinking when it senses motion?" The answer they gave was "Yes, if you have an Insteon Hub." I asked "even if it's on battery power?" "Yes." "So if I bought an Insteon Hub I could turn off the LED?" "Yes."

I do not have an Insteon Hub, but would anyone who does want to give this a try? I don't have a lot of hope, as it's my guess that she just wanted me off the phone, but I suppose it's worth the attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by ctome3 View Post
                      ... I've of course changed all the settings that I can (LED brightness = 0, LED = Off), but as it's running on battery power, those settings seem to have no effect. The unit I have is on version 46 firmware....
                      There was a long exchange on this forum on the subject of the LED having the ability to be turned off: you may want to dig into that. From what I remember, the LED won't keep quiet if you're on battery power, but t seems to work if you're on USB power. I'm also on FW 46.

Comment

I recently picked up an MRII and have been using it indoors to turn on and off the running lights on my stairs. Picked up some good WAF on this one.

She doesn't like the fact that the LED blinks when it senses motion, as it's pretty noticeable when it is dark in the house. I've of course changed all the settings that I can (LED brightness = 0, LED = Off), but as it's running on battery power, those settings seem to have no effect. The unit I have is on version 46 firmware.

I called Smarthome today to ask about the turning off the LED on the MRII. After giving me the runaround about how they don't support HomeSeer and that I'd have to call them, etc., I finally got them to answer the straight question "is it possible, on a battery-powered MRII, to prevent the LED from blinking when it senses motion?" The answer they gave was "Yes, if you have an Insteon Hub." I asked "even if it's on battery power?" "Yes." "So if I bought an Insteon Hub I could turn off the LED?" "Yes."

I do not have an Insteon Hub, but would anyone who does want to give this a try? I don't have a lot of hope, as it's my guess that she just wanted me off the phone, but I suppose it's worth the attempt.

Comment

guys, i sent an email to my smarthome contact asking about the led issue
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I fail to see how connecting the MS to an Insteon hub would change the behavior of the MS LED: the MS has no clue on the controller's type.

I suspect SmartHome meant that using Mark's plugin provides more programming options, like dimming it or turning it off, although, as we know, the firmware on the MS currently doesn't accommodate this in battery mode.

As to Smarthome's technical level of support, well, it's level-1. I have had limited success talking to level-2. I think the knowledge we need is all with the engineers in China.

Comment

enable heartbeat

Sorry I looked and didnt find it, how do I enable the heartbeat?

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
                                Sorry I looked and didnt find it, how do I enable the heartbeat?
                                it should be enabled by default. you can adjust the frequency via the plugin on the device edit page.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X