This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    Did you have any chance to look into this? I would really appreciate it!
    Yes i did and started to make changes to add support for it but not yet ready for release/testing.

Comment

Did you have any chance to look into this? I would really appreciate it!

I uploaded a new BETA version to address this and add two new triggers (for APCUPSD drivers). Unfortunately my NUT UPS devices to no send the same same string so could not full validate the low battery status change. Can you try it with your setup?

See https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...61&postcount=1 or PDF Documentation for change details.

Comment

Thanks! I will run a new test in the next few days and let you know.
        stefxx

Comment

Yes it works! Thanks a lot!
          stefxx

Comment

Yes it works! Thanks a lot!
            Thanks for the feadback and testing. I keep it Beta a bit longer before releasing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Djbower1 View Post
              Just had a thought... The Watts calculation need to account for the input voltage change. My APC UPS wants to see 230v so if it see 237v then the nominal power is higher.

My UPS shows watts on the front LCD panels and using the Load % as the reference and the the math below it matches my UPSs display.

I am sure there is a way to write a script to send a value to a virtual device with a few equations but I am just not smart enough

Workings in picture

I posted a new Beta version a few minutes ago that adds a additional HS3 device capturing the computed Watts. IN case the UPS does not provide the nominal line voltage or power, two new configuration values per UPS in the plugin configuration page can provide these values. In some of my testing some UPS or driver (NUT in one of my case) do not provide the needed values to calculate the Watts value. In this case keeping it at 0.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                I posted a new Beta version a few minutes ago that adds a additional HS3 device capturing the computed Watts. IN case the UPS does not provide the nominal line voltage or power, two new configuration values per UPS in the plugin configuration page can provide these values. In some of my testing some UPS or driver (NUT in one of my case) do not provide the needed values to calculate the Watts value. In this case keeping it at 0.
                Thank works perfectly

Comment

I posted an additional Beta update which adds Energy API support for the recently added "Watts" HS3 devices.

Comment

PCP:

I'm running beta 3.3.1.2 on Lubuntu Linux 16.04; apcupsd is running as the "data collector". The UPS being monitored is an APC model Back-UPS ES 650G1 connected via USB. All the devices appear to have valid values except for "Watts", which is zero AND has an odd last changed date of 5/21/1929 - see the attached picture. You can see that the current load is 6%. I disabled and re-enabled the plugin several times, with no change in the Watts device values. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Regards,
                    BBB

Comment

Does the UPS report the nominal power of the UPS? You can check this in the status page of the plugin. The nominal power (with the load and current voltage) is used to calculate the current Watts. Some do not report the nominal power and therefore cannot calculate it the Watts. To get around this and if the Nominal Power is not reported by your UPS (via apcupsd or nut), you can set a static default value for the Nominal Power in the plugin (Menu Plugin > APCUPSD > Configuration and select the appropriate tab for your UPS; the setting is toward the end of the input values).

The rease for the odd timestamp is that the devide value was never set and therefore the update time for the device is some odd un-initialized date.

Comment

pcp:

A good call - the Back-UPS ES 650G1 does not report nominal power. Filling in a static value did the trick - thanks!

Regards,
                        Paul

Comment

Need help adding a remote APC ups monitoring card. Supported by APCUPSD, but there appears to be no username & password fields in the pluggin.

Comment

Is this a username & password for the card that needs to be added to the apcupsd configuration or a username & password when clients such as the plugin connect to apcupsd to query status? I ddon’t recall the client protocol for apcupsd requiring a password. Does the apctray (in WIndows) connect to the apcupsd instance, does it ask for a username & password upon connection and displays the status and events?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                              Is this a username & password for the card that needs to be added to the apcupsd configuration or a username & password when clients such as the plugin connect to apcupsd to query status? I ddon’t recall the client protocol for apcupsd requiring a password. Does the apctray (in WIndows) connect to the apcupsd instance, does it ask for a username & password upon connection and displays the status and events?
                              This is a username & password that needs to be added for the card (PCNET) to the APCUPSD (pluggin) in order to login

The normal format as per APCUPSD is

IPaddress:usernameassword ""
                              Last edited by JoelWener; November 13, 2018, 06:42 PM. Reason: Happy face is colon p

Comment

Please ignore happy faces should be colon p, but the forum autocorrect changes it to happy faces.

ip:user: password

Comment

Working...
                                X