Yale Locks - Battery Level Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Locks - Battery Level Indicator

Having had my lock for a couple of months, I have been very impressed overall. I notice, however, that the battery level (which reads 80%), has not changed at all for the two months and indeed the "last change date" is still the installation date.

Recently the batteries ran out. The battery level is still showing 80% (clearly not updating).

Has anyone else seen this issue, and more importantly found a solution?

Simon

How soon we forget. The battery problem is something that I raised a while ago and had both Yale and Homeseer working on. They wanted me to return the locks and get another set of them. My batteries were only lasting 2 weeks. I didn't return the locks yet but my batteries started working for a longer period of time. Here's what I found. I was running on the 30 trial license of the software and my trial license expired. I was busy with things so I put a new set of batteries in (again) and just didn't get around to sending the locks back. Ever since the 30 day license ran out, I haven't had to change the batteries. So to me, it looks like something with homeseer. We did a lot of troubleshooting for polling and a few other things. According to the software, we weren't polling and that it shouldn't be the homeseer software causing the battery to run out. But there has to be something that the software is doing. With the trial expired, homeseer still works. I just can't make changes to the software (like add devices) and I can control my devices from hstouch. So what is the difference between having a working license and having an expired license as far as the comunication to the locks? That would give the answer as to why the batteries run out.

P.S. I plan to buy the software when the new version comes out as long as the lock problem is fixed.

Comment

Out of interest, do you get a status reading for the battery which changes at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymolis View Post
        Here's what I found. I was running on the 30 trial license of the software and my trial license expired. I was busy with things so I put a new set of batteries in (again) and just didn't get around to sending the locks back. Ever since the 30 day license ran out, I haven't had to change the batteries. So to me, it looks like something with HomeSeer.
        There are absolutely no differences between HomeSeer trial and the licensed version except for the license. You enter your license into the trial and you are up and running. Also as far as we know there are no issues with these locks. The battery updating is hit or miss on most battery operated Z-Wave devices. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

When the trial license runs out, what turns off in the software?

Also, when is the new version coming out?

Simon,

No the battery doesn't change. Sometimes it will update the status until it gets below a certain amount. Don't remember what that point was but I did put it in another one of my posts a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymolis View Post
            Rupp,

When the trial license runs out, what turns off in the software?
            The app will no longer run when the license runs out

Also, when is the new version coming out?
            There are no new version(s) planned at the moment. HomeSeer 3 will be coming sometime next year.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

The app does still run after the license runs out. Whether this is a bug or not, it does still run. It just doesn't let me access it through the computer. But I have full access to control my devices with the hstouch app. And I still get the notifications that I setup before the license ran out.

HS3 has been rumored to be coming out very soon. you have indicate that it won't be til next year. How far into next year? January? Mid year? End of year? If I were to purchase the current version, will there be an upgrade price or will people who buy thier software within a certain time of it being release be given the right to upgrade without any cost?

Now back to the locks...today they are starting to show signs of the battery running down (it operates slower). So even though they are lasting longer, the battery life is still not acceptable. I will be sending them back to where I purchased them to get replacements. Although I will expect that the replacements may exibit the same problems.

Jay

Comment

Working...
              X