BLMediaPlayer for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLMediaPlayer for HS3

The plugin should be in the updater tomorrow.
    I will update this thread once it is there

Actions and triggers will be in the next build

Will need some volunteers to test it out.
    Last edited by Blade; July 18, 2013, 06:31 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

BLMediaPlayer is now in the HS3 updater.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

3.0.1 is in the updater
      Triggers and actions have been added
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Playlist, Artist etc

If I click on one of the top options say artist, i get a drop down list that will not show any artist but current. (like it is not populated) Chris

Comment

Odd I just checked it here and it appears to pull up all of my artists.
          Log a help desk ticket on my web site and turn on debug logging in the plugin, load the page and then turn off debug logging.
          Attach BLMediaPlayer-Detailed.log to the ticket.
          I will then have a look
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Was there any Fix to the Drop Downs in this plugin?

The List I am having issues are "Playlist, Artist, Album, Genres".

When using both IE & Chrome, the drop down menus in the pop up window do not work. However, the select button will work and I assume it just picks the first item from the list I can not see.

Otherwise all seems to function will.
            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Log a ticket on my site for this.
              Thanks
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

BLMediaPlayer functionality request

Hi Bob/Blade,

I would like first to thank you for the excellent job on the BLmediaplayer plugin ! I moved from HS2 to HS3 and my main hurdle was the missing Windows mediaplayer control plugin. Yours is perfectly working on my installation and I could master it with HSTOUCH designer quite quickly , you just have to use the homeseer devices BL.. instead of the music selector from HS2.

There is however one missing functionality for me to replicate what was done in HS2. I have a lot of Artists and Albums. So, in HS2, I was selecting the artist first, then I did select the album from this particular Artist. As far as I understand the BLMediaPlayer plugin, this is not possible. You can 'only' have the full list of all albums, which for me is 100+ pages long
                And I have not seen anyway to reduce this list of albums.

The only bypass I can see for the moment is to create playlists, however again due to the size, this will be pretty difficult on such a scale.

I am planning to continue with your plugin in any case as you are the best alternative to replace the former Windows Mediaplayer plugin of HS2, however I would be glad if you consider my request into future enhancements.

As well if anybody has issues to make your plugin work in the designer, I can provide my configuration as sample

Cheers,
                Didier aka Falconresearch

Comment

Originally posted by falconresearch View Post

As well if anybody has issues to make your plugin work in the designer, I can provide my configuration as sample

Cheers,

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Cheers,
                    Album art doesn't update in HSTouch, although it is correct in the plug-in. I submitted a bug but never got a response from HST. Does album art display correctly in your configuration?

Thanks,
                    Barry

Comment

BLMediaPlayer example configuration with HSTOUCH

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                      Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Here it is:

1) First I have a selection screen to allow to select the way the user want to use BLMediaPlayer -> by Artist , by Playlist or by album
                      2) The three screens have nearly exactly the same setup:
                      * a list box : which you can get from the standard elements (see default skin -> others). And here is the configuration of the list box:
                      - There is no "action when selected"
                      - What is important is the status tracking :
                      Normal Association Type: HS devices
                      HS devices: BLMediaPlayer Artist
                      Use Value / No Modification

Here this is the selection "by artist" for the 2 other screens you can take by album or by playlist (please note that there is also by genre which I have not used yet)

* Then you need a "play" icon and you link it (via the "ActionswhenPressed") to BLMediaPlayer this way:
                      Action Type: HS: Control a HS device
                      Device: BLMediaPlayer Status
                      Command: Play

All the other commands (stop, next song, previous, shuffle are done in that same way.

Please note that as far as I know the plugin is not allowing you to query the status of shuffle or loop, so you cannot display the status and you need one icon to start "shuffle" and one to stop it, but you cannot display the actual shuffle state

Hope this helps

Cheers,
                      Didier /Falconresearch

Comment

Album Art

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                        Album art doesn't update in HSTouch, although it is correct in the plug-in. I submitted a bug but never got a response from HST. Does album art display correctly in your configuration?

Thanks,
                        Barry
                        Hi Barry,

No I have the same issue as you have. I have made some investigation and :
                        - The BLMediaplayer debugging option is not helping
                        - The Album art is sometimes correct, but most of the time, I am getting another album image. This seems to link with an issue in BLMediaPlayer plugin (because HSTOUCH is not able to generate another album image, this must be coming from the plugin)
                        - However when I stop the HSTOUCH android or Windows client and come back into it, the correct Album Art is always displayed ! Here this seems to point to an HSTOUCH refresh issue.
                        - I have tried to disable/hide and re-enable, unhide the album art in HSTOUCH to force a refresh, but this is not changing anything.
                        - More puzzling when I force a screen refresh on the Android, I am frequently getting a different album Art...

So, there is glitch between the plugin and HSTOUCH and maybe even 2 issues.

I would need the code or a full debug to go further.

Cheers,
                        Didier

Comment

I swear the album art used to work so I just went and checked, sure enough it is broken. So I went to see if it showed up in the media player under plugins-->blmediaplayer-->mediaplayer and that whole web page is broken, and I know that used to work. So something has changed in homeseer that has broken blmedia player. My guess would be the changes spud and Rich worked on with respect to the media API. two steps forward one step back.
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                            I swear the album art used to work so I just went and checked, sure enough it is broken. So I went to see if it showed up in the media player under plugins-->blmediaplayer-->mediaplayer and that whole web page is broken, and I know that used to work. So something has changed in homeseer that has broken blmedia player. My guess would be the changes spud and Rich worked on with respect to the media API. two steps forward one step back.

Known issue. Check this out: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173760
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hi Barry,

No I have the same issue as you have. I have made some investigation and :
                              - The BLMediaplayer debugging option is not helping
                              - The Album art is sometimes correct, but most of the time, I am getting another album image. This seems to link with an issue in BLMediaPlayer plugin (because HSTOUCH is not able to generate another album image, this must be coming from the plugin)
                              - However when I stop the HSTOUCH android or Windows client and come back into it, the correct Album Art is always displayed ! Here this seems to point to an HSTOUCH refresh issue.
                              - I have tried to disable/hide and re-enable, unhide the album art in HSTOUCH to force a refresh, but this is not changing anything.
                              - More puzzling when I force a screen refresh on the Android, I am frequently getting a different album Art...

So, there is glitch between the plugin and HSTOUCH and maybe even 2 issues.

I would need the code or a full debug to go further.

Cheers,
                              Didier
                              Since the cover displayed is not random - it is an album I have played at some point, I've been assuming it is a HSTouch refresh issue. Unfortunately HST has stopped addressing bugs. I can live without the correct cover art since everything else is working. But good to know I'm not alone in having the issue.

Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X