Osram Lightify New API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osram Lightify New API

I saw this on the Osram website. Could someone from Admin check on this please. The text in RED is important info.

The LIGHTIFY app is required to control the gateway and all LIGHTIFY products. A control via software API is also possible. LIGHTIFY REST API link: https://docs.lightify-api.com/

Please note: We will switch off the old REST API at the end of March 2018. If you are using the service, please change to the new version now.

Maybe this is what is causing us not to connect to the cloud. New API.
    Last edited by cowinger; April 19, 2018, 07:10 PM.

Anyone from admin think this info about the API change is relevant?

The part in RED I thought might be important based on the fact that the last API was changed as of March 2018.

Could this be related to all of us not being able to connect to their cloud?

Comment

Homeseer has demonstrated complete incompetence during this outage. Every zigbee device is uncontrollable..I spent more than 20 years as a product development manager for big blue and if I allowed an outage like this to persist, I would have been shown the door...The community needs to embrace this feeble response by Homeseer and rise up to force the company to change or get out of the business.
      GAF

Comment

Sorry, we were never notified of the change. They did not give much time to get it fixed either. We are aware of it now and are working on implementing the new API. We will post as we make progress. I have a Lightify account and I never saw an email on this. In the case where I might have missed it, something this important should have been sent multiple times.

What really bugs me is that I have spoken with multiple people at Lightify in the past and no one bothered to contact me directly.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Sorry, we were never notified of the change. They did not give much time to get it fixed either. We are aware of it now and are working on implementing the new API. We will post as we make progress. I have a Lightify account and I never saw an email on this. In the case where I might have missed it, something this important should have been sent multiple times.

What really bugs me is that I have spoken with multiple people at Lightify in the past and no one bothered to contact me directly.
          To add to this, they (Osram) should have versioned out their API so that the old API didn't stop working. This is how APIs should always work so that you don't break people using old versions of your API while they upgrade to the new version.

Comment

Thanks rjh. I appreciate you taking a look at this. I thought it might make a difference since the API just changed. At least we have a solution.

Comment

When I first was told about this last week I thought for sure the old API would still be working, just no new registrations with it, but really did turn it off.

We have a developer working on it today and he may have a solution, will post as soon as we have something to try.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              To add to this, they (Osram) should have versioned out their API so that the old API didn't stop working. This is how APIs should always work so that you don't break people using old versions of your API while they upgrade to the new version.

Comment

any update on this?

Comment

Any update? I hate not having control of half my lights without events in HS3.
                  HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                  Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                  BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Apologies for the delay but it is priority 1 and made great progress today. I hope to have something to test early next week.

You should be able to use the Lightify app for some basic stuff now.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                    Any update? I hate not having control of half my lights without events in HS3.

Comment

Apologies for the delay but it is priority 1 and made great progress today. I hope to have something to test early next week.

You should be able to use the Lightify app for some basic stuff now.
                      Happy to beta test when you are ready.
                      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

We will post something here as soon as its ready to test.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                        Happy to beta test when you are ready.

Comment

Zigbee Plugin Down..continuing

Could you be a little more forthcoming to your user community which has been hard down for weeks now and tell us when we can expect a fix or if we should abandon homeseer? This is getting ridiculous...seriously.
                          GAF

Comment

As I mentioned, we were not told that this was going down so we were caught off guard. I have a developer working full time on the issue and we have to re-write the connection process. I hope to have something working in a day or so, if everything goes ok. We have been working directly with Lightify to get the new API working.

I will post updates as I have more information.

Originally posted by gaf@bluerivernet.com View Post
                            Could you be a little more forthcoming to your user community which has been hard down for weeks now and tell us when we can expect a fix or if we should abandon homeseer? This is getting ridiculous...seriously.
                            GAF

Comment

This came in from Lightify today FYI

May 2018
                              We are preparing our server for the new EU General Data Protection Regulation...

Server Maintenance on 2nd of May, 2018

As you may already know the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be coming into effect on May 25th, 2018.
                              Therefore we will wait our servers. On Wednesday 25th April 2018 we will be performing server maintenance between 01.00am - 02.00am CEST. During this timeframe, you will be able to use your system only from home, but new settings will not be saved. After the maintenance you can use the system as usual.

Please see the timeframes of our scheduled system maintenance for North America below:

09:00 to 10:00 HAST (Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time)
                              10:00 to 11:00 AKDT (Alaska Daylight Time)
                              11:00 to 12:00 PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)
                              11:00 to 12:00 MST (Mountain Standard Time Arizona)
                              12:00 to 13:00 MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
                              13:00 to 14:00 CDT (Central Daylight Time)
                              14:00 to 15:00 EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
                              We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.
                              Your LIGHTIFY Team

Comment

Working...
                              X