Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication issues

Hi,

There have been several instances lately where the ISYInsteon plugin has stopped working. Restarting the plugin fixes it.

I didn't have debugging on but here's an example from my HS log. Any suggestions?

Jun-24 9:12:31 AM ISYInsteon SendRequest : -> Using Authorization [Basic YWRtaW46YmVuaW5zdGVvbg==]
    Jun-24 9:12:31 AM ISYInsteon SendRequest : -> For command: [802DD94808.C77B ]
    Jun-24 9:12:31 AM ISYInsteon SendRequest : Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) OK.).
    Jun-24 9:12:31 AM Event Event Trigger "BasementSpeakers BasementOn"

Ben

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
    Hi,

There have been several instances lately where the ISYInsteon plugin has stopped working. Restarting the plugin fixes it.

I didn't have debugging on but here's an example from my HS log. Any suggestions?

Jun-24 9:12:31 AM ISYInsteon SendRequest : -> For command:[802DD94808.C77B ]
    Jun-24 9:12:31 AM ISYInsteon SendRequest : Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) OK.).
    Jun-24 9:12:31 AM Event Event Trigger "BasementSpeakers BasementOn"

Ben
    Unfortunately the log strips out the formatting for the actual command sent, but a 501 error usually means that the command had something incorrect in it. Possibly trying to send a command that the device doesn't support.

Can you provide details on the command (what type of command, what the device INSTEON address is) it's trying to execute? With that and the command string from the log I may be able to determine what it really tried to send to see if it looks bad.

I haven't heard of a case where the plug-in starts generating corrupted commands to the ISY, but maybe it can happen.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

It was for changing an ISY variable from a value of 0 to 3. Restarting the plugin fixed it.

Ben

Comment

Working...
      X