ZTT000 - gas heat vs elec heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZTT000 - gas heat vs elec heat

When I used HS2 to turn on the heat (using the 'heat' button on the status page) the thermostat sets the mode to 'electric heat'... the problem with that is I only have (and thus want) 'gas heat'. Is there any way via HS2 to turn on 'gas heat'?

Thanks!

DrRick,
    I do not use this tstat but it sounds like you need to set the tstats mode to a "gas" heating mode rather than the "electric" mode.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks - after a bit of 'use the source, Luke' I found that mode 7 is furnace. So rather than using the Thermostat action to set the mode to heat, I need to write a script to set the mode to 7.

Comment

DrRick,
        The instructions mentioned that you hold the UP push button as you apply voltage to the thermostat, release the button. Then the display will be blinking at factory default. then you set the number to 8 for furnace. And if you look at the gif of the thermostat on the status page, you'll find that furnace was spelled wrong Furnance. I'm having a problem with wiring and needed to use this thermostat but the problem is no 24 supply to the thermostat. So I have to use a small transformer to power this device. I wish the beep could be shut off especially if it is in a room where someone is sleeping.
        Stuart

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah, the beep is a bit annoying

You must have different instructions than me, I only received the attached and it makes no reference (that I can find and I've searched for furnace, Furnance, and 8) to setting it to only use Gas Heat. Very odd...

I think I'll add a call to set the mode programmatically in the startup script just to be safe (according to the HS2 code and to what it returns when I programmatically request the mode, mode 7)...
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X