Thermostat Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Recommendation

Hey all, been going for a couple of months now with HS and very pleased. I am now getting ready to automate the HVAC. All of my switches in the house are Z-wave, but I am not tied to that, I could do Serial as well. I will need 2 thermostats for my two separate heat pumps. I would like to get as much information as possible from them. I notice that the Camstat only gives basic info and control. (it won't tell you the fan/cooling is currently running for example).

So what does everyone recommend. I would really like to keep the cost below $200 per unit, and something I can install myself (I am pretty good at the wiring thing).

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Piperpilot

HAI hands down. I tried the RCS x10 one and didn't like it at all. My HAI RC80 has been as stable as a rock and fast.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Yes, I would recommend wired instead of wireless on the tstat control.

Both the HAI and RCS are very good - depends on the look you want and the wires you have available.

If you want to keep it under $200, the HAI will be your best bet.
      Martin Custer

Comment

Working...
      X