RCS Thermostat polling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS Thermostat polling

I'm not exactly sure when this started happening because I started installing a few Insteon devices about the same time I updated to HS 2.?? with .NET2. Currently running 2.2.0.10.

Since around that time, HS refuses to receive responses from my RCS TXB16 thermostat. I'm pretty sure it worked about 90% of the time before I started tinkering. I have two SH BoosterLincs and have moved them around trying various combinations, some that don't even make sense. It looks like I can send commands without issue no matter where the BoosterLincs are.

This is new construction. My heater is on a single "home-run" from the B side of the breaker panel and my HS box is on the A side. I have a SH Signal Linc coupler/repeater at the dryer outlet which seems to work fine for everything else.

I have a second TXB16 that I've hesitated to install in the upstairs zone until I was very sure this was a bit closer to 100%. Glad I didn't, so far.

I'm now seeing that poor Jim seems to have given up on the RCS plugin, and I'm not prepard to hack at the code to get this working.

Can anyone think of something I can test for or am failing to see?

- - PLEASE let me know if I should take this to a different forum. I only posted here because of the apparent coincidence. ---
    Last edited by dslocum; March 31, 2007, 01:03 PM.

Before going too crazy I would take the interface from the thermostat, tm732 or something, and try plug in it into another outlet with an extension cord. I haven't seen too many complaints lately about this but that has always been the first way to see what could be causing the problems.

Comment

Sony,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that at the first chance I get and keep you posted.

PS - Should I take this to a different forum? Where?

Comment

The discussion seems to have migrated to:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=120309

See you there. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Comment

I've not given up on the plug-in entirely as I have ported a version over to .NET. What I am about giving up on is dealing with hardware issues that have made it quite difficult to deal with any software issues. I have very good results with my TX15-B and TXB16. The .NET plug-in still has some user interface quirks but it still functions.

I will continue to monitor and assist via the other thread mentioned...
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

Sorry if I made it sound at all like your were simply abandoning us. My bad, if so.

Doug

Comment

No problem. Now that I am working on an "unofficial" version, I do not feel compelled to deal with every issue arising but will help when possible.
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
              X