Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device status pic is pulled direct from HS, would be good to have a larger tile with arrows and a bigger area for the pic.

Comment

Looking to integrate the itunes Daap plugin into this cleanly. Maybe a generic music control interface that could be assigned to the specific devices with a full tile for album artwork.

Comment

I think a "Media" device controller type tile would help most of us..I have created a few tiles to show what is playing on a Kodi instance but would be nice to have a single larger tile with different controls on it with a larger thumbnail.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
          I have some virtual devices that have values and associated pics with them - they basically control radio stations and tv channels by different means. If the device changes, it triggers an event to change the station/channel to what is needed.

So, one device is 0-10, the other 0-40+. The standard device control is ok, but it's a bit tiresome to change to the correct channel - if you make a mistake and go one channel too far, you can end up having to press another 40+ times.

Could we have a device type that is similar to the format of the tstat, two tiles vertical or horizontal, status pic, with two buttons to go up/down the values please?
          This is done in the the new build just posted.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
            I think a "Media" device controller type tile would help most of us..I have created a few tiles to show what is playing on a Kodi instance but would be nice to have a single larger tile with different controls on it with a larger thumbnail.
            Can you post your HS device status graphic screen for the just the device that allows you to control your player? Also, do you have a separate device for album artwork?

I have the sonos player installed and it installed a crazy number of devices, but it seems like only couple are important for actually being able to control playback. Looks like a media control tile will be just as hard, if not harder, than building the t-stat tile.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
              Can you post your HS device status graphic screen for the just the device that allows you to control your player? Also, do you have a separate device for album artwork?

I have the sonos player installed and it installed a crazy number of devices, but it seems like only couple are important for actually being able to control playback. Looks like a media control tile will be just as hard, if not harder, than building the t-stat tile.

Below are all the devices created by the plugin. Also are the status graphic snapshots for the "status" and "remote".
              Attached Files

Comment

Also, if you take a glance at the "user guide" thread from the Kodi plugin:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161821

You will see he has a web based control system. When you click the "movies" tab on the web interface it grabs all the thumbnails of the movies and you can scroll through them to select what movie is to be played. Not sure if there is something that can be called knowing this to do similar or not.

The other way I was thinking about would be to make a <webpage> tile that can be 4x4 or larger and not have it "launch" the webpage application but have a browser open inside the tile and then I could point the webpage to use the Kodi plugin interface....

Comment

Is it possible to create a tile type that shows a camera stream? Or even to take snapshots every 1 second when selected? That would be really good.

Comment

I'll add a delay parameter to the widget so you can override the default value--This is Done!
                    Is this only for the 'site' tile?

I tried adding a delay=1 (ms?) to the hsdevice tile but it still seems to delay by 3 seconds before making a change (this is with a two-state device)

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                      Is this only for the 'site' tile?

I tried adding a delay=1 (ms?) to the hsdevice tile but it still seems to delay by 3 seconds before making a change (this is with a two-state device)
                      Yes. This was only for the webpage widget tile. Shortening the delay for tiles that work with switches tends to provide a less than ideal user experience.

Comment

Yes. This was only for the webpage widget tile. Shortening the delay for tiles that work with switches tends to provide a less than ideal user experience.
                        For some maybe ;-) Fair dos, can live with that.

Cheers.

Comment

Any luck with the media tile? For now, I have to use two interfaces when watching TV/Movie...I press the "Watch Movie" tile, it turns projector/Lights/receiver etc on, then I have to change over to the Kodi app to control Kodi. Not a huge problem but I have a quest to use only one interface for ease of use for other guests.

Also, I tried setting volume up tiles but it is a little tedious to cycle through commands, find volume up, wait 3 secs, cycle through to volume up, wait 3 secs, etc to raise the volume a couple of decibels...Would it be possible to create a dimmer type device but not have it skip 10 steps? Atleast that is what my light dimmers do. Not sure if there is a parameter I can set or not.

Otherwise this interface has been very reliable!

Comment

Squeezebox

In addition for the media tile(s) herebye the "Control" and "Current Title" off the Squeezebox player.
                            It would be nice to control and see what is playing in HSMetro.

(For the picture of HSMetro I saved the picture of the URL in the "Current Title" to the HTML dir.)

Player 3 Control:
                            Code:
                            {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":357,"name":"Player 3 Control","location":"Squeezebox","location2":"Keuken","value":0,"status":"","device_type_string":"Player Control","last_change":"\/Date(1433623697429)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[354],"device_type":{"Device_API":32,"Device_API_Description":"Music API","Device_Type":3,"Device_Type_Description":"Player Control","Device_SubType":0,"Device_SubType_Description":""},"device_image":"","UserNote":"","UserAccess":"Any","status_image":""}]}
                            Player 3 Current Title:
                            Code:
                            {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":368,"name":"Player 3 Current Title","location":"Squeezebox","location2":"Keuken","value":0,"status":"Glory Days by Radio Veronica 96.3 (Pop)","device_type_string":"Player Additional Status","last_change":"\/Date(1442767050708)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[354],"device_type":{"Device_API":32,"Device_API_Description":"Music API","Device_Type":2,"Device_Type_Description":"Player Additional Status","Device_SubType":3,"Device_SubType_Description":"Player Current Title"},"device_image":"","UserNote":"","UserAccess":"Any","status_image":"http://cdn-albums.tunein.com/gn/50R1MPHTCRg.jpg"}]}
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Broes; September 20, 2015, 03:00 PM. Reason: Attachment Squeezebox alle devices added

Comment

Web image

Is it possible to create a widget for showing an image from the internet?
                              It would be nice for weatherforecast etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Broes View Post
                                Is it possible to create a widget for showing an image from the internet?
                                It would be nice for weatherforecast etc.
                                The staticimage widget can do that. You just need to give it the URL. But the weather widget does pull in the associated forecast image.

Comment

Working...
                                X