No announcement yet.

Battery status on HAI panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for the sake of closure, my battery status is now working correctly across all platforms. Haiku and SnapLink no longer show a problem, pca shows a value of 218, and the hai plugin on hs3 shows text status of 12.84 volts and the appropriate graphic.

I disconnected the battery about a week ago and left it. Today when I reconnected, all became lovely. Now I'll get back to where I left off with it, writing a text alert for low battery. Thanks in arrears for all the help.

Comment

Good news Tom!

Curious what the charging voltage is with a battery disconnected? (using a VOM).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'll check that out. Soon as I find my meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          I am assuming here that the plugin works identically in Wintel and Linux.

I am only using Linux for two HS3 boxes.

Yeah here stayed on Homeseer 3 V.218 until this last week.

When the battery thing was first implemented it was a bit sticky. I would disconnect the battery and the value never changed. I did compare the battery value to the HS2 HAI battery value here.

Well if Haiku is showing the same then that is weird.

You mentioned that PCA battery values are OK eh?

I do know with PCA if I disconnect the battery the values go to zero and do not come back up right away.

I did also see an issue that cropped up on Cocoontech with the OmniPro 2 board power supply circuit on the board cuz it was left on charging two dead batteries over a long period of time. Here the user sent the board back for repairs to Leviton.

Now that you mention the issues with Haiku then there is more to the issue and probably not a plugin issue at all.

Z-Wave is not currently recognized by the Omni Pro plugin.

Here primarily utilize UPB for my light switches but have a Z-Wave VRCOP plugged in to the OPII panel for a few things.

Last week made the Leviton VRCOP and secondary to my HS3 Z-Wave test network stuff.

It works and I can control the Z-Wave devices now fine using the VRCOP as a secondary to the HS3 Z-Wave Zee-2 stuff. The pairing had to be done with the VRCOP sitting right next to the Zee-2. I tested it with PCA.

So what values are you seeing in PCA for the battery?
          FWIW I've never been able to get Haiku to show the correct battery percentage. It usually tops out at 89%. I reported it as a bug to Haiku a couple of years ago and they said they would fix it in the next release. Then Haiku went into 'Space.' The HAI battery Trbl message on the control panels will remain until after you do a 'Clear Messages' on the panel. It doesn't auto correct after replacing the battery. Just a quirk.

Comment

Working...
          X